Diabetes & Hydration

Patch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
So - there's no denying that drinking plenty of water is a great way to aid in your battle with diabetes (I presume?)...

So - is there any reason not to try other types of hydration? I'm thinking specifically of stuff like Dioralyte. Could this be helpful?

I have read that T2 Diabetes is very closely related to hyrdration (some sites ahve evn gone as fas as to call T2D "Chronic dehydration").

Just interested in others thoughts on this?

Defren

Patch said:
So - there's no denying that drinking plenty of water is a great way to aid in your battle with diabetes (I presume?)...

So - is there any reason not to try other types of hydration? I'm thinking specifically of stuff like Dioralyte. Could this be helpful?

I have read that T2 Diabetes is very closely related to hyrdration (some sites ahve evn gone as fas as to call T2D "Chronic dehydration").

Just interested in others thoughts on this?

It's funny you should mention Dioralyte Patch, I was looking at electrolyte water for hydrating if I were to sweat a lot in the heat. There are some you can buy, but they are pricey, so I decided I would just buy some Dioralyte and use a sachet a day if I felt it was needed.

I drink a minimum of 2L a day, with no added sugar squash.