Diabetes..I'm coming to get you

MCMLXXIII

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Blood sugars now stabilise between 4 and 8, averaging 5.
Cholesterol good.
BMI optimised.
No medical complications. (Type 2).
Better run Diabetes..I'm coming for ya!:twisted:

@myroomsadisco

DaveNN

Well... If you presented those figures to your doc today, would he actually diagnose you as being type 2.
I would say that you have more than caught up to it... It looks like you have overtook it.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

MCMLXXIII

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks David

I'm managing it without prescribed meds and I've found the right mix now:p

izzzi

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done. MCMLXXIII :)

I notice you showed a photo of Ramsbottom on an other thread.

It reminded me of a boss I used to have who was a right nasty piece of work. He came from Pratts Bottom.

Many a time I would have liked to have Ramed something in that Pratt, if you know what I mean.

Roy. :)

MCMLXXIII

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Perhaps he came from upper Ramsbottom.
Use a chadwicks black pudding, they can plug anything;-)

izzzi

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
MCMLXXIII :lol: :lol: :lol: Brilliant.

Roy. :)

shanet

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
cripes i cant get low numbers without my tablets :( , what were your numbers at their highest ? i was in high 20,s i think maybe higher, what do you do to keep your numbers down ?

MCMLXXIII

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Diagnosis, sugars around 18.
Cholesterol was over 9.

What do I take? Are you ready for this...It's been trial and error.

Fenugreek, African Mango, Vitabiotics Diabetone, Flaxseed oil. Matcha Green tea (Currently) & Filtered (therefore dechlorinated) Water.
I've taken Bilberry, Cinnamon (ineffective), Alfalfa,Siberian Ginseng, Wheatgrass, to name but a few.
I try to take no more than 200 carbs a day, usually I'm under 150.
I don't touch artificial sweetners, Hydrogenated fats, Trans-fats and Monosodium Glutamate. I don't eat processed foods. I limit white flour as much as possible. The occasional superfruit such as pomegranate.
15 mins daily on the cross trainer has got the BMI good now, I'm much leaner, fitter and circulation problems have now gone.
I test my blood twice a day.

Last HB1AC was 6 (and now getting lower)
Cholesterol 4 (trigs a little high at last count- but working on that).

shanet

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
wow thats fantastic,ever think of opening a diabetic clininc to aid people with diet and exercise ?

Reactions: 2 people

MCMLXXIII

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Lol sadly not qualified to to so :D

You've mentioned on another thread you can't seem to get your sugars down?
Have you considered detoxifying your body first to give your meds a fighting chance?
When I was diagnosed I insisted on a body scan which proved my organs, Liver in particularly was fatty, despite me being slim.
I figured Chips always taste better cooked in clean oil right?
Therefore, I had to clean myself out before starting any meds of any kind in order to give my body a real chance to turn this all around.
Overhauling my diet to cut out the stuff described above has really played the biggest part.
I then took Acai berry, to naturally cleanse via the colon and facilitate metabolism and initial weight loss, then Gymnema sylvestre and milk thistle to give the Liver the tools to repair itself, Filtered water and Dr Stuarts Liver detox teas helped ( the latter tasted foul mind). Bilberry also is known to facilitate the eyes as well as treating varicocele which I had.
Fibre is king here too. It really is a Diabetics friend. And all those omegas in Flaxseed.
Once I had done this and started to see the numbers fall, as well as the beer gut, it was about maintenance, hence the change from one particular med to another and I've now got a real happy medium with no side effects and everything appears to be going the right way. A good multivitamin is my cover-all-bases insurance policy. African Mango regulates my cholesterol and burns fat.
Fenugreek is simply brilliant but must be dosed correctly to avoid the aroma coming from the pores, and I dont really sweat.
Self education has helped me tremendously, siphoning through the quackology and the science , as has the wonderful people on this forum who also put up with my acutely daft sense of humor and I'm in debt to many of them.
Having a Dad diagnosed at the same time with type 2 (the irony) has also helped AND a truly wonderful wife, but some of us don't have these rocks like I do so yes I'm lucky.
Good luck to you, you CAN do this, be it holistically, herbally, or through you're prescribed meds, TALK, ask questions, its okay to make mistakes and its a forever learning curve. :D
Somebody who tells me I cant do something is usually my catalyst to say "You know what? Watch me!"

Reactions: 2 people