Diabetes neuropathy

static192

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi just wanted to know has anyone here had neuropathy and has it ever goneaway/reversed the affect after having tight control. Please reply and say your experience of neuropathy :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I had problems with my feet - numbness, tingling, feeling like I had a stone under the ball of my foot, warm water felt boiling hot, etc. I didn't realise quite how bad they'd become until I achieved good BG control and the feeling started coming back. It was quite unpleasant at times. Over the past three years there's been a big improvement so that now they feel almost normal, except for occasional tingling right at the tips of my toes.

Reactions: 4 people

Tim55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Rap and hip - hop
Yes I have too.

Could I refer to the thread called "help in dealing with Neuropathy?"

There is a lot of really good stuff on there which might help you too.

Reactions: 2 people

MauraH

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I had numbness in my leg which may have been my unstabilized hypothyroidism. But it's improved a lot since my BG is down, thanks to having high fibre with every meal. I've read elsewhere that neuropathy can be reversed.

Tim55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Rap and hip - hop
What has helped with these symptoms?

In my case, tight control of blood glucose levels, Alpha Lipoic Acid, methyl Cobolamine and Benfotiamin seem to be helping me.

Again though, take time to check out Omnipod and Winnie53s contributions to "help in dealing with Neuropathy"

Last edited by a moderator:

Oslo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes, Bigots, Meat
Hi Tim55, could you please advise how I find the thread you refer to. Sorry I'm new to this forum game! Many thanks