Diabetes Retinopathy Screener

redrevis

I'm currently applying for a Diabetes Retinopathy Screener position and I was just interested to see if anyone on here does that job. If anyone does it would be great if you have any tips or advice. Also if there's anything particular you really like, or even dislike about the job I'd love to hear about it.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Good luck with the application redrevis and keeps us informed on your progress! :D

Nigel

redrevis

Well I got a phone call today saying I had been shortlisted for interview :D
But I also got a letter through with my retinopathy results and it says I have background retinopathy :( So not all good news. But at least I can use this as a positive for my interview. I can empathise with people who I would be screening and it will also help me to understand how people feel when they get these letters and questions they might want to ask, because I definitely have a few questions I'll be ringing up about. :wink:

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Pleased to hear about you being on the shortlist, not so pleased about the background retinopathy! :( Hope the job comes your way! :D

Nigel

redrevis

Well I didn't get the job :( There was A LOT of competition and anyone with any experience in the field will have put me down the list. I had a great interview, answered everything fully and actually came out of it with a smile on my face, which is a first as I turn into a nervous wreck for interviews. So I couldn't have done anymore than I did, so not all bad :)

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
So sorry you didn't get the job redrevis as I know you were hopeful of your chances having been shortlisted, onwards and upwards and I am sure something will come along very soon! :)

Nigel