Dislikes
Diabetes and Liars
Hello!
I hate this diabetes stuff,i have had it since i was 5 and half=((( :evil:

it's almsot 23 years on May 3rd

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
Re: im 24 and HATE diabetes!!!!!!!

Welcome to the forum,Stuksburg. There are quite a few young type 1 diabetics on here who will sympathise with that!!
Have a good read round the forum and see if anything catches your eye.

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.

Hb A1c 7% isn't good
It's almost double that of a non diabetic!
That's one of the dangerous bits of misinformation that diabetics are fed by Healthcare professionals.
Hba1cs of 7% are high enough to lead to complications
Non-diabetics have HbA1cs of about 4.2% -5.2%. Why then should diabetics be expected to be satisfied with 7%?
Look through these forums and see how many people on them are in the 5s and how many more trying to get there and a few in the 4s. that's T1s and T2s.

Stuksberg

Dislikes
Diabetes and Liars

well i have been on 5 and 6 and now 7 on my HBQA1C and my doctor and people with diabetes thinks i am doing very good and i have no complecations.
It means over the past 3 months i have been between 3 and 9 in my sugar and that is
normal for me. i mean people are different with their hba1c and im doing good thank you.
and i have had diabetes for 19 years so i should know what im talking about!!!!!!!

gemunderwood

I am 25 and hate being diabetic!

My HBA1C is around 8.2 and always wake up with ridiculously high sugar levels and feel rotten rest of the day, starting to really affect my lifestyle now. However am going on the education programme for a pump hope that sorts me out!

Stuksberg

Dislikes
Diabetes and Liars

well diabetes sucks so bad and at first i was high in the mornings too but
over the past 10 years it´s safe to say that it has been good.
i have had some bad moments where i have gotten into a coma and some
times it has been a close call but now it´s good and im ok.
well i hope the insulin pump will work out for you,i tryed it and it never worked
for me so im stuck with the pen and i still hate it,it sont get easy either with
the years bloody hell with this **** but alot of people are stuck with this and sometimes
it might help to know we are not alone,,,,,i dont know it dont help me anyways.