**** diabetes

RosieDred

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Been on a 13 hours shift and my body has insisted on trying to see how many hypos it can fit in in 1 day!

Woke up with a reading of 14 after my hypo right before bed last night so wasn't expecting it.

Feeling absolutely exhausted from bouncing from low to high all day :(

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Patch13

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
:( sorry to hear that. It's rubbish when that happens.

I have had a little of that over the last two days and I think for me it is a sudden increase in temperature (due to weather) again.

Hope you're feeling better soon.

RosieDred

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
:( sorry to hear that. It's rubbish when that happens.

I have had a little of that over the last two days and I think for me it is a sudden increase in temperature (due to weather) again.

Hope you're feeling better soon.
Thanks. I seem to be having another day of it unfortunately. No actual hypos yet but teetering on the edges and finding it hard to stay above the 4s for very long.

Hope you're feeling better soon too! :)

Reactions: 2 people

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yep, I just had 3 days like that... I've been traveling from the UK to Sweden, doing a gig, then back..
Normally this involves a change of diet & eating the sort of junk that is only on offer when on the run which I have to watch out for regarding the highs..
However. In this case the diet & food choice was pretty good.. Believe it or not all the bands were accommodated in a massive health spa/hotel complex near the venue..
I don't think I got above 5 myself during this time & was pretty much running on my basal at one point. (Which was also cut back on.)
The only time I purposely pushed for a high & grabbed a can of fat coke from the "rider" was for the actual time we were on stage to stop me going down... & even that didn't last long...!

V strange...

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
Yep, I just had 3 days like that... I've been traveling from the UK to Sweden, doing a gig, then back..
Normally this involves a change of diet & eating the sort of junk that is only on offer when on the run which I have to watch out for regarding the highs..
However. In this case the diet & food choice was pretty good.. Believe it or not all the bands were accommodated in a massive health spa/hotel complex near the venue..
I don't think I got above 5 myself during this time & was pretty much running on my basal at one point. (Which was also cut back on.)
The only time I purposely pushed for a high & grabbed a can of fat coke from the "rider" was for the actual time we were on stage to stop me going down... & even that didn't last long...!

V strange...
Whereabouts? Gothenburg?

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
Thanks. I seem to be having another day of it unfortunately. No actual hypos yet but teetering on the edges and finding it hard to stay above the 4s for very long.

Hope you're both ok!:(

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Whereabouts? Gothenburg?

Here... :cool: http://www.swedenrock.com/?lg=2

Yep, my first time there & it rocked...!! \m/

image.jpg

Reactions: 8 people

Patch13

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump

Managed to stay above 4 all day with a reduction in basal rates. Even managed to exercise without inducing a hypo. The blood sugar gods must be on my side today!

Hope tomorrow is a better day for you!

Reactions: 4 people

this is too difficult

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
diabetes
hypos are as far as I can see the worst thing diabetics have to cope with.
I am unmedicated type 2 so cant have them.
I feel for you guys. I worry about my BG being a wee bit out of the normal range.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
hypos are as far as I can see the worst thing diabetics have to cope with.
I am unmedicated type 2 so cant have them.
I feel for you guys. I worry about my BG being a wee bit out of the normal range.

I appreciate you empathy.. :)

But personally it's the highs I don't like.. The hypos are almost "cleansing" for me..(though I wouldn't want to push it too far.) I'm hypo aware & it even wakes me up.. (T1 since a kid.) & never needed assistance... Possibly the "mad rocker" persona covers this up.
I understand a lot of T1's worry about the lows.. (& so does my DSN.)
But, the diabetes complication warnings & concerns for me have been instilled from the stories of uncontrolled highs, which is how my "mindset" was formed...

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Also had a day of rather too many lows - probably the warmer weather. Reducing Lantus by 2 units.

Screen Shot 2014-06-08 at 23.08.49.jpg

RosieDred

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thank you all. It always makes me feel better knowing I have everyone on here who gets it :)

I have a ridiculously sore throat and am aching all over, head pounding etc so clearly have a cold. Perhaps that's what's brought on all the lows although I thought you go high when you're ill (I gotta be weird lol)

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thank you all. It always makes me feel better knowing I have everyone on here who gets it :)

I have a ridiculously sore throat and am aching all over, head pounding etc so clearly have a cold. Perhaps that's what's brought on all the lows although I thought you go high when you're ill (I gotta be weird lol)

Yep, it should throw you a little high....! Funny enough I shared a plane with a fair bit of coughing & sneezing. So I expect to get the same in a couple of days.....:banghead:

RosieDred

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yep, it should throw you a little high....! Funny enough I shared a plane with a fair bit of coughing & sneezing. So I expect to get the same in a couple of days.....:banghead:
Thought as much. I went low a lot the last time I got ill too though. I'm gutted I'm ill as today is my first day of my week off work :(

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thought as much. I went low a lot the last time I got ill too though. I'm gutted I'm ill as today is my first day of my week off work :(

Pretty much the way with me too... I get a break & I seems like my body says "now I can relax & get sick".... Lol
If off sick check bloods a little more regularly if you tend to personally run low..? You may not feel the hypo & put the drowsy/dopey down to flu meds or illness....?

ElyDave

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Off to Italy for me this week, looking warm all week there at 25-30C, so a basal reduction will be in order I think.

Hoep everyone recovred OK ready for this week?