diabetic at wagamamas

equipoise

Hi all,
I cut out all Chinese/Thai food when I was diagnosed a year ago, and have established good control. But a wagamamas has opened up near to where I live and I am sorely tempted. I know that noodles are pure evil, but has anyone found a dish at wagamamas which is safe for diabetics?

MCMLXXIII

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Have you tried tampopo?

Sent from my KFTT using DCUK Forum mobile app

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
Ive never even heard of Wagamamas :lol:

picklebean

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
you can look at every dish on their menu via their website and there is a nutritional information table for each dish - you can see if they have any lower carb dishes there! :D

equipoise

Sid Bonkers said:
Ive never even heard of Wagamamas :lol:

Wel,, I hadn't heard of Tampopo so you're not alone. :D i wonder whether these Macdonalds restaurants are going to catch on... :lol:

Tweetypie

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Spiders, control freaks, untidiness, ignorance.
Hello,

I once had a soup dish from the menu and you can ask for wholewheat noodles, which I believe are better for you. It was massive though - I had to leave some of the noodles but there was a lot of soup, meat and veggies too, so was plenty full enough.

A little tip - all their herb teas are free! I will be taking advantage of that next time I go, I feel a visit coming on.........!

Enjoy your meal what ever you decide

equipoise

Tweetypie said:
Hello,

I once had a soup dish from the menu and you can ask for wholewheat noodles, which I believe are better for you. It was massive though - I had to leave some of the noodles but there was a lot of soup, meat and veggies too, so was plenty full enough.

A little tip - all their herb teas are free! I will be taking advantage of that next time I go, I feel a visit coming on.........!

Enjoy your meal what ever you decide

Thanks for the encouragement :thumbup: -- I will resolve to go in the next few days and see what the BG damage is....