Approved Diabetic foot care - your experiences....

JamesField

Type of diabetes
HCP
Treatment type
Other
Hello everyone,

I am writing to everyone here in my capacity as the co-founder of a London-based synthetic biology start-up based called LabGenius. Our research team is currently working on the development of a novel prophylactic
foot cream to improve skin-health and prevent the formation of diabetic foot ulcers. As part of this programme, I am engaging with the diabetic community to better understand the foot-related problems that diabetics experience on a day-to-day basis. I am also trying to get a handle on the extent to which existing foot-care solutions work. The goal of this interaction is to maximise the utility of any technology that gets translated out of our lab and into the community.

Over the past few weeks, my co-founder and I have already received a huge about of really useful information that will directly impact on the direction of our research. I am keen to initiate a similar process with everyone here and I hope this is something that you will willing to help me with.

If you have a free moment, it would be fantastic if you could share your experiences of diabetic foot care on this thread. For example, if you suffer from dry or cracked feet, which foot-care products work and which don't? Or are there specific foot skin problems that you really want solved?

Thanks in advance to everyone for their help!