Diabetic meetings in Essex

Tracey167

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
HI

Just wanted to ask is there anyone out there who knows of any Diabetic Meetings in 9Essex Tendring or surrounding areas). I used to go to a monthly meeting when i lived in Kent but since moving over 2 years ago i can not find anywhere near where i live that have Diabetic Meetings. I really used to enjoy meeting up with other diabetics and talking about there diabetes and sometimes finding out new information.

Lucypieee

Dislikes
Diabetes
Hi Tracey, I know there's one at the Hythe Community Centre in Colchester. I don't know of any meeting times (as I'm from the Romford / Brentwood area), but if you just google 'Colchester Diabetes Meeting' the diabetes UK website should come up with the details.

That's the closest one I know of to you. Perhaps your local GP or hospital would have further details of anything in your area?

Tracey167

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi lucypieee

Thanks for your reply thats great, we have a housing officer coming out to interview us tomorrow for a possible offer of a house in colchester (near Hythe) so if theres a meeting in the local community centre it would be great. I will google it to check times and dates.

Fingers crossed we do get offered this house in colchester.

tracey167

HPD_Zoe

There is the colchester circle d group, you can find them on Facebook, they are a families group but has some of us older lots with diabetes involved too.
Welcome to north essex