1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Diabetic meetings in Essex

Discussion in 'Diabetes Events' started by Tracey167, Feb 17, 2013.

1. Tracey167

Tracey167 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

HI

Just wanted to ask is there anyone out there who knows of any Diabetic Meetings in 9Essex Tendring or surrounding areas). I used to go to a monthly meeting when i lived in Kent but since moving over 2 years ago i can not find anywhere near where i live that have Diabetic Meetings. I really used to enjoy meeting up with other diabetics and talking about there diabetes and sometimes finding out new information.

2. Lucypieee

Lucypieee · Well-Known Member

Hi Tracey, I know there's one at the Hythe Community Centre in Colchester. I don't know of any meeting times (as I'm from the Romford / Brentwood area), but if you just google 'Colchester Diabetes Meeting' the diabetes UK website should come up with the details.

That's the closest one I know of to you. Perhaps your local GP or hospital would have further details of anything in your area?

3. Tracey167

Tracey167 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Hi lucypieee

Thanks for your reply thats great, we have a housing officer coming out to interview us tomorrow for a possible offer of a house in colchester (near Hythe) so if theres a meeting in the local community centre it would be great. I will google it to check times and dates.

Fingers crossed we do get offered this house in colchester.

tracey167

4. HPD_Zoe

HPD_Zoe · Member

There is the colchester circle d group, you can find them on Facebook, they are a families group but has some of us older lots with diabetes involved too.
    Welcome to north essex

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook