Diabetic meetup 3, 1st of August, Richmond Park

ewelina

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I was wondering if anyone would like to join me on a walk around Richmond Park. I do it regularly and absolutely love it. We all know that being diabetic doesn't make it easy to get engaged into any kind of physical activity. It would be a great opportunity to try it in a relatively safe environment, with people who can truly support you along the way. As many stops as needed and glucagen hypokit in my rucksack;)
The walk is 7 miles long. Here is a link for the map and description http://www.richmondparklondon.co.uk/walks/tamsintrail.html

Our next, 'regular' meetup is on 26th of September and I will post it in a couple of weeks

Reactions: 4 people

jackvdbuk

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
sounds good, it looks like this isnt too far from me so work permitting i may just attend :)

Reactions: 2 people

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
Will attend one of these events 'one day' but have some old friends visiting on the 1st and on the 26th we have to take The Brat and everything he owns, back to Uni at Warwick.

Bebo321

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
That's so cool @ewelina!
TeamBG are unfortunately doing Parkrun Harrow that saturday, otherwise it would be great to join you!
Hope it all goes well.
For any other 'sporty' events, why not let Team blood glucose know and we can post it up in the Sporty Diabetic Type 1's and 2's Facebook pages, or even set it up as an 'official' event on the TeamBG website and see if we can help encourage more people to come along. :) www.teambloodglucose.com
If there's anything you need, or anything you think we could help you with for the walk, just let us know and we'll do what we can to support you.
Beckyx

Reactions: 3 people

ewelina

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
That's so cool @ewelina!
TeamBG are unfortunatel:)y doing Parkrun Harrow that saturday, otherwise it would be great to join you!
Hope it all goes well.
For any other 'sporty' events, why not let Team blood glucose know and we can post it up in the Sporty Diabetic Type 1's and 2's Facebook pages, or even set it up as an 'official' event on the TeamBG website and see if we can help encourage more people to come along. :) www.teambloodglucose.com
If there's anything you need, or anything you think we could help you with for the walk, just let us know and we'll do what we can to support you.
Beckyx
Thanks Becky. I need to join you on fb. If you could post it on your page with a link to this thread that would be great :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Type1Bri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Highs and lows
Hi Ewelina
Hope you are keeping well. Unfortunately I got prior arrangements that day, would of been good to get some exercise too!!

ewelina

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I suggest 11 am, in front of Richmond underground station . Hope to see few more people :)

Reactions: 7 people

CTD

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Wont make the 1st but will try and come or get my daughter to on the 26th. Great idea.

Bebo321

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
There are a few groups to join - it would be lovely to see you! :) http://www.teambloodglucose.com/TeamBG/Join_In.html

We've set up the walk on the TeamBG website too - Let's see if we can encourage more friends to join you!
http://www.teambloodglucose.com/TeamBG/Events_-_your_events.html

14.jpg

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'd be up for this, but will probably be the one that needs to stop now and again to wait for my circulation to catch up :(

ewelina

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
There are a few groups to join - it would be lovely to see you! :) http://www.teambloodglucose.com/TeamBG/Join_In.html

We've set up the walk on the TeamBG website too - Let's see if we can encourage more friends to join you!
http://www.teambloodglucose.com/TeamBG/Events_-_your_events.html

View attachment 14047
That looks wonderful!Thank you Becky:) I hope we will get more people to join me.
I really like your cycling events. Would be great to take on some new challenge

ewelina

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I'd be up for this, but will probably be the one that needs to stop now and again to wait for my circulation to catch up :(
No worries. I guess we will all need to pause now and again. I haven't tested that walk on a pump yet so it will be good test for myself too

flourpower28

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello, I can't make the 1st, I'm out of London for the weekend. Sorry to miss it, a walk around the park sounds lovely. I'm trying to set myself a bit of a grand plan to get in more exercise for the Summer holidays. Last year's hols were the first since I was diagnosed but I was fairly busy. This year I don't have much planned.
I think I'll be able to make the 26th though.

Type1Bri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Highs and lows
Gutted I can't make this, Hope you guys get nice weather

xAoifex

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I'm def coming, hopefully it wont be raining! The pub at the end is a must though, all that walking is going to work up a right thirst!