Diabetic Nurse

Hi all,

I have my first sppointment with the diabetic nurse this week.

What can I expect to happen at the appointment?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4

B

badcat

If he/she is doing their job properly then
1) blood tests to measurehba1c, kidney function,liver function, cholesterol should be arranged if not already done
2) dopler) tests to check circulation in your feet, also check of foot pulses and sensation ( these can be done in surgery)
3) retinal screening appointment should be made
4) discuss with you your current diet, dietary goals and diet options
5) medication options should be discussed if appropriate, including the costs/ benefits/ risks of any suggested meds
6) you should be supported in blood sugar testing, if only for a limited period, so that you can assess the impact individual foods have on your Blood sugars - everyone reacts differently

If not then you'll probably get weighed, lectured, prescribed meds and sent on a course

Lol I am guessing the latter by how they have been so far

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4

deb60

I should be so lucky to get sent on a course! I asked my dn to send me on one to be told the funding had been withdrawn, but hopefully would be back very soon. This was in may!

bumbles1952

I have been on the DESMOND COURSE and found that the majority of the content of the course is contained in www.type2diabetesandme.co.uk e training modules. Excellent source of info and has self assessment Q&A section which DESMOND does not. Having experience of using both, I prefer the e modules training, but of course this type of training is not for everyone.

CollieBoy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi carb Foods
Having read through the http://www.type2diabetesandme.co.uk e training modules, I note that it is tainted by the DUK lo-fat, hi-carb, twaddle. This diet is what stopped me(IMHO) getting a decent HbA1c until I learned better!

Well she fiddled with my feet, asked if I had problems with "the old boy"

Then she went through her display of food saying good or bad. Then referred me for an eye test

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk