1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Diabetic Retinopathy

Discussion in 'Diabetes Complications' started by Billybob, Apr 4, 2011.

1. Billybob

Billybob · Newbie

I have had diabetic retinopathy for over 30 years and my sight has been impaired due to the laser treatments. I also realized that I have been slightly anemic all my life. I started taking iron supplements daily three years ago and my rentinopathy has stopped. The damage from the lasers is still there and as a result I am legally blind and can no longer drive. I hope that those of you who suffer this condition try taking iron supplements and see if it stops your retinopathy.
    From Toronto Canada.

2. DIVA1987

DIVA1987 · Member

i have background retinoapthy and as you will know i am very worried. how much iron did you take for it to slow down or in fact stop.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook