Diabetic Review Today

Silver Hammer

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I had my diabetic review today looking at test results from the end of last month. My HbA1C has gone down to 28, which was a bit of a surprise. I generally just check my fasting BG every morning and this has gone up to around 5.2 average in the last 3 months and I am about 7 lbs heavier now, so why the drop? All is therefore going well and although congratulated by the DN, she did say that of course diabetes is a progressive disease so I should expect deterioration at some point in the future. Also that I can relax my control a bit as this HbA1C score is so low. Can it be too low? Oh and I have now been changed to annual checks as my control is so good. Did you know that if you have hairy toes (gents only I think!) you will have good circulation and no foot problems? Apparently this is one of the first things to suffer when you have poor circulation.

Maxwell

Reactions: 5 people

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done on your great hba1c result - you must be very pleased. Your DN is obviously an optomist!!!!!!

Reactions: 2 people

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
I had my diabetic review today looking at test results from the end of last month. My HbA1C has gone down to 28, which was a bit of a surprise. I generally just check my fasting BG every morning and this has gone up to around 5.2 average in the last 3 months and I am about 7 lbs heavier now, so why the drop? All is therefore going well and although congratulated by the DN, she did say that of course diabetes is a progressive disease so I should expect deterioration at some point in the future. Also that I can relax my control a bit as this HbA1C score is so low. Can it be too low? Oh and I have now been changed to annual checks as my control is so good. Did you know that if you have hairy toes (gents only I think!) you will have good circulation and no foot problems? Apparently this is one of the first things to suffer when you have poor circulation.

Maxwell
Hi silver hammer , ist congratulations on your good control,hba1c of 28 is fantastic,mine is the same and as i'm sure we know ,lots of hard work to achieve , my doc' said the same thing to me ," er your a bit too low now we need to get it up to 33 at least " , i told him i feel well better than i have for a long time and that i would be maintaining my hba1c where it is nowas long as your feeling ok ...stick !!

Reactions: 4 people

Hiitsme

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done that is amazing. Something for me to aim for but I'm actually quite happy to have got mine down to what it is now. Also well done to @Clivethedrive it's great to hear of real success.

Alzebra

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
My mother has laughed at my hairy toes my whole life, but when I was diagnosed with T2 and the DSN told me it was a sign of very good circulation I started to feel a lot better about them :p

superwoman1964

Type of diabetes
Type 2
At last a reason to be happy about hairy toes! Females have them too. At least I do! Well until I rip them out with the an epilator that is.

Reactions: 6 people