1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Diabetic Review

Discussion in 'Type 2 Diabetes' started by John_ch, Feb 11, 2014.

1. John_ch

John_ch Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Hi all, just back from my review with the nurse. My HbA1c has went up from 6.9 to 11% (53 - 97mmol/mol) I have to increase my Glicazide from one 80mg tablet to twice a day and she thinks I may have to step up to 160mg twice a day! I have an appointment again in two weeks with the nurse and will see the dietician on Thursday. Bloods just don't want to come down and my daily average is 20!
    Just got to keep plodding along and work hard at it!
    I was also asked to change my meter to the True You Mini made by Nipro, any views on this meter? I like the small size and the lancets are nice and fine. Only con so far is I can't download to my PC!
    John

2. carraway

carraway Prefer not to say · Well-Known Member

Hi John

It's a shame they are rising. Have you tried a diet/exercise approach as well as meds?

Some of the NHs dieticians have been less help but I brought my levels down with diet

Cara

3. CollieBoy

CollieBoy Type 2 · Well-Known Member

how many strips do you use/day? The strips have a limited life once opened,I have been told. Also, if you cannot download, neither can a diabetician so hard if they need to find your 3 month BG record! eg for DVLA! Personally downloading to spreadsheet for analysis is very important.

4. John_ch

Hi Cara, I try to get out every day for a walk ( 5 mile) and have been making sure that my carb intake is no more than 70g... Have cut out all white bread and sugars etc.

5. John_ch

I have to agree about downloading and i intend to keep using my own monitor. I test about 6 to 8 times a day just now, trying to work out what foods spike my readings. Although the dn said I should only need to test a couple of times a day. Might just use both ?

6. Daibell

Daibell LADA · Master

Hi. How old are you and what is your BMI. You seem to be doing the right thing by keeping the carbs right down

7. John_ch

Hi, my bmi is 25.8 and I am 42.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook