Diabetics in the Plymouth / cornwall area ?

flicc90

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi,
I have had diabetes for around 13 years now and I have to say I have never had a friendship with another diabetic.
I think it would be nice to be able to go to someone who isn't my diabetic nurse or doctor and talk to them about all the things I want to about diabetes and for them to actually understand what I am going on about without nodding their heads and trying to think they understand. None of my family is diabetic.
Would really like to have some company...so I don't feel so alone

So anyone in the plymouth area people message.
Acutally anyone anywhere message

NEED FRIENDS!!!

lrw60

Dislikes
salads, meat, being bored
Hi flicc90,
remember me? I replied to your post about the best diet for a diabetic. I am sorry you feel so alone with this illness. I never felt that when I had it, I say 'had it' because even though I am not cured I like to think I am! Anyway, you can see from my details that I am in Cornwall and very happy to chat. I go to Devon several times each year as a friend has a cousin in a nursing home in Exmouth. It's a long hard journey that we used to break by stopping at a very good pub on the way home for an amazing vegitarian meal followed by a delicious pud with cream! Since finding this forum and discovering that I was doing the wrong thing we now bypass the pub. Shame. I don't know Plymouth very well, I have only been there to shop for music cd's and to visit a friend who belonged to the same vintage car club as me. Cornwall seems to be a long way from anywhere else. I only know of one other person in my car club with db, unless others are keeping it a secret which would be a shame. I use a friends computer to access this forum and to search for work. As a semi retired self employed carpenter work is a bit thin at the moment. My friend had to come with me when I did a decorating job recently, as I would be wallpapering a stairwell using a tall ladder. This wouldn't normally have been a problem but my sense of ballance was damaged many years ago and going up a ladder can be a bit awkward. My friend wasn't there to catch me if I fell (she is 82!) she was there to phone for an ambulance if I did fall! (I didn't!).
I bet I am not the only person to reply to you, but maybe I will be the first.
Lee.

lisa00769

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Negativity
Hiya.
i have sent you a pm hun.
Im also in plymouth and would be happy to have a chat. Probably won't be very good with the advise as only been diagnosed for 8 weeks now. But can certainly listen and help where I can. Maybe have a coffee and a chat.
Horrible to feel so alone and I certainly know how you feel.
Hopefully speak soon.
Lisa
xxxxx

ConradJ

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
The hassle and ignorance of diabetes.
flicc90 said:
Hi,
I have had diabetes for around 13 years now and I have to say I have never had a friendship with another diabetic.

You and me Flicc90 - 37.5 years and counting, and never a diabetic friend!

flicc90 said:
I think it would be nice to be able to go to someone who isn't my diabetic nurse or doctor and talk to them about all the things I want to about diabetes and for them to actually understand what I am going on about without nodding their heads and trying to think they understand. None of my family is diabetic.
Would really like to have some company...so I don't feel so alone

I know exactly what you mean... and such feelings aren't helped when the control isn't good :(

As an ex-Janner (I haven't lived there since 1987), I'll let you know if I'm coming down to visit family, etc.

BTW, has Dr Baumer retired?