Diabetone (Vitamins Supplement Specifically For Diabetics)

A

asparagusp

I have been taking Diabetone for a good while now but only have started to check my blood sugar fairly recently. I would imagine others too take it. Has it made a difference to your readings?

Last edited by a moderator:

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,

How has it affected your figures in comparison to previously not taking the supliment?

Edit, just noticed you're also on insulin..

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have clarified my post - well I think I have!

In a way you were asking for input from other takers of this supliment. You didn't state wheather this supliment had a positive effect or the contrary to your own BS levels?

PS I love Star Wars, but a mystical reply like Yoda still don't answer my question. Let's 'ave a bit of "science". ;)

I'm curious.... As another insulin dependant.

Reactions: Freema

jonbvn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
It is a bit expensive. What benefits does it offer compared to other multivitamins? From what i have googled it is a bit ambiguous.

A

asparagusp

The dosages of vitamins like D3 are very high, ie 300 percent of RDA. RDA is the UK standard and tends to be inadequate.

sally and james

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Diet only
Neither my husband nor I have taken Diabetone or any other supplements. Should we ever plan to do so, I would begin by recording sugar levels on a very regular basis over at least a month, then start the supplement, continue the regular testing and see if there was any real difference.
Curious, I looked it up. You can find it here, https://www.vitabiotics.com/Diabetone/Plus I think the key phrase in all the puff about it is, "It is not a treatment for diabetes or metabolic control, but intended to help maintain overall health and wellbeing." Personally, I would go for a walk in the sunshine, phone a friend, eat something highly nutritious, dream about a holiday, read a good book or any number of other things to maintain health and well being before I started on expensive supplements with vague promises attached.
Sally

A

asparagusp

Please! I have no benchmark as stated in my post! However here I go again! 1) I have been on Diabetone for at least a year without testing my sugar levels. 2 I am now testing my sugar levels.

NoCrbs4Me

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Vegetables
Last edited:

sally and james

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Diet only
Please! I have no benchmark as stated in my post! However here I go again!
Well, it does rather seem that nobody who is looking at this forum this afternoon has bothered with Diabetone, perhaps we are all too busy having our tried and tested low carb Sunday lunch. However, thanks to those who have replied, your post is getting bumped up and, who knows, someone may answer your question.
Sally

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
If you are eating enough real food I guess you shouldn't really need supplements?
To be honest I have never heard of them but am of the school of thought that all these supplements are for the most part a con.
But in the interest of honesty I do take 400mg of magnesium citrate as well as a teaspoon f salt each day.. so maybe I'm the mug!

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Please! I have no benchmark as stated in my post! However here I go again! 1) I have been on Diabetone for at least a year without testing my sugar levels. 2 I am now testing my sugar levels.

How long have you been using insulin? Did this coincide with the advent of starting to test regularly??

A

asparagusp

They are protecting themselves! Vitamin D, B12 and Chromium are known to be deficient in diabetics and also help with sugar levels.
How long have you been using insulin? Did this coincide with the advent of starting to test regularly??

I started Lantus in late August last year and started testing pre breakfast only up until the summer this year.. This is irrelevant I think.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
They are protecting themselves! Vitamin D, B12 and Chromium are known to be deficient in diabetics and also help with sugar levels.

I started Lantus in late August last year and started testing pre breakfast only up until the summer this year.. This is irrelevant I think.

Not at all.... When did you start taking the Diabetone?

sally and james

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Diet only
Vitamin D, B12 and Chromium are known to be deficient in diabetics and also help with sugar levels.
There's no reason why most T2 diabetics should be short of Vit D, B12 or Chromium if they are eating a diet comprising a mix of Real Food, not overdoing the Metformin and are keeping carbs low. Even the manufacturers admit that Diabetone does nothing for diabetes (which tends to mean sugar levels) or for metabolic control.
Call me an optimist, but I'm still waiting for one of the Forum's 200,000 plus members to tell us that they have carried out a reasonably controlled experiment (unlike the OP) with Diabetone and found it beneficial for sugar levels.
Sally

A

asparagusp

It's known that most people don't get enough Vitamin D as we don't get very much sunshine. Older people need it to prevent osteoporosis. This vitamin os needed with zinc for bone maintainance. Much of our food has been depleted of nutrients over time. I dare you to have blood tests to see what your levels are! lol.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It's known that most people don't get enough Vitamin D as we don't get very much sunshine. Older people need it to prevent osteoporosis. This vitamin os needed with zinc for bone maintainance. Much of our food has been depleted of nutrients over time. I dare you to have blood tests to see what your levels are! lol.

Is this not a thread about Diabetone & it's effect on BS control?

I reiterate my question below..

When did you start taking the Diabetone?