Diagnosed Yesterday

cozy

I was diagnosed with type 2 yesterday and my head is still spinning really, finding lots of information on here, there's so much to take in.

Just wanted to say hello to everyone here. :)

minitata

Hello and welcome. Remember that as with any forum, any information you take should be investigated before taking as the truth for YOU.

MTT

Grazer

Hi and welcome. Take your time. It's not as bad as you think right now. You'll get a post soon giving you some good general advice from the new member support. Keep talking and you'll find out tons of stuff.
Malc

Ottermoon

Hi Cozy. It's a lot to take on board.

I remember the first thing I did was get online, and I found this forum. The second thing I did was stop eating all refined sugars. Then after a few weeks, several pounds lost, and blood sugar readings beginning to lower, I started to calm down.

It will be OK. Keep talking to people and read all that you can to learn all that you can.

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
Hi Cozy and welcome to the forum :) The first days are the worst - at the beginning I refused to believe it but gradually I came to accept it and, once I knew how to control my levels, realised that it was manageable and not too big a problem after all. Then I discovered this forum and learned so much that it gave me the confidence that I could really look after myself.

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
Hi Cozy and welcome to the forum.

Its not at all uncommon to be totally dazed and confused after diagnosis, I know I was and new members post similar feelings almost on a daily basis. The good news is that the more you read about diabetes the more you will start to understand it and the less confused you will become.

You have landed at a great resource for diabetics and you will find lots of answers to the questions you will no doubt have. A good starting point is the information Claire posted
thumbsup.gif

thediabeticswife

Hello! I'm new here too (my husband has T2), but it's been a few weeks now for us and things are starting to make more sense.

Information overload was a bt of a concern at first for us, but you don't have to read and understand everything at once. Whever you have a new question, you will most likely be able to find an answer within a few clicks from here.

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
Hi cozy,
It is perfectly normal to feel overwhelmed and dazed at first.
Welcome to us all here, when you are ready just ask any question you feel/need to.
We're here to help and support you along.
It does take a little time to sink in and for you to adjust, as over time it will gradually start to make sense bit by bit and then you will feel more confident too.
It does confuse and baffle to begin with,and leave your head in a whirl, I totally understand.
Please do keep in touch with us all and let us know how you are keeping.
Hope this helps? Anna.x :D