Diagnosed

Jessicasugar24

Dislikes
Needles!
When I was diagnosed with my diabetes t1, I was 16 months old. My mum has been my main career, when I was 4 I was then diagnosed with coeliac disease. My mum has always been there for me, and when I got to my teenage years it was ever so hard for her to take a back seat and let me take over. Even now she will ask me day to day how they have been.

Does anyone else have a family member who supported them through out? Or maybe still does?

Thanks looking forward to hearing from you,
Jessica

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Miss90

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
My mum has been fantastic with my diabetes and even now at the age of 24, I need her more than ever!!! She's spent countless hours researching up on diabetes, helps me the best she can and even stayed 15 hours in a and e with me on a little plastic chair just so I wouldn't be alone!!! I'd be lost without her!

Jessicasugar24

Dislikes
Needles!
My mum has been fantastic with my diabetes and even now at the age of 24, I need her more than ever!!! She's spent countless hours researching up on diabetes, helps me the best she can and even stayed 15 hours in a and e with me on a little plastic chair just so I wouldn't be alone!!! I'd be lost without her!

It's amazing isn't it, mums rule! Lol. I always thought she. I got older that I wouldn't need help as I would 'know it all' but how wrong that is, whenever I have a bad day she knows what to say, as we say she hasn't got diabetes but has grown up living with it, so it's practically the same thing.

That's so sweet of your mum 15 hours! I hope you were ok!

How long have you been diabetic for?