Dialysis

lisabishop

Hi everyone. i think the last time i was on here i was talking about going on the transplant list for double organs. Please excuse any m,istakes in my writing i have yet another haemorage in my eye so not seeing so clearly. I have been in and out of hospital alot in the last few months and have finally started on peritoneal dialysis. I started off manually - 4 exchanges aday which unfortunatley did not work to well for me as i ended up in hospital with overload of fluid. In 2 days tey extracted 6 kg of fluid. Was sent home to try overnight dialysis with a machine. Has 2 dreadful nights with it and nearly gave up. Was rushed in to hospital with stomach pains and fluid in my chest. PD nurse has been in today to teach me how to use it and am gonna give it another go. It has its advantages - i am quite small so carrying around up tp 2 L of fluid through the day was quite painful for me so to have it done through the night was a better option. Unfortunately once you are attached you cant really do anything til its finished which is roughly 9 hrs. Thats ok if you can sleep for that long and dont need the loo in the night. However i now have an extension line which allows me to reach the toilet. Anyhow the reason i am on here today is to ask if anyone in my position is having the same problem with their dialysis.Since startingi am getting what they call 'defferred pain' . But i am in absolute agony with it. It doesnt seem to matter if i am draining, filling, dry or full. But it is a dull ache at its best and an unbelievable pain at its worst. I dont know what to do about it and whether it will subside in time. Any ideas, tips. Thanks.

viviennem

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Football. Bad manners.
Can't help you, Lisa, I'm sorry. You have been having a hard time - hope things get better soon!

Viv 8)

TopoGigi

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Negativity
Hi Lisa

Just a suggestion

If you use FACEBOOK there are lots of supportive groups you could join, where you can gain valuable insight into experiences such as yours.

The group I think that you might like to join is 'Dialysis Group' just type this into search. (1636 members so far)

I personally have found this very informative.

Good luck

BlindFaith

I'm no help whatsoever but I just wanted you to know that I'm thinking of you.

249492.jpg