Diamaxol

tcdeeone

I have had type 2 diabetes for about a year, which I am controlling with diet and exercise.
In addition, I take Diamaxol capsules about 30-45 minutes before each main meal.
Has anyone any experience as to the benefit of taking diamaxol supplements.

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
There was a discussion about diamoxol not long ago (which I can't find!)Generally members were very sceptical about it's properties.

Knowledge is the key to control

Dennis

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
People who join web forums to be agressive and cause trouble
Have a look at the thread "Outing 'False Claims' Diabetes Companies" lower down in this "Have Your Say" section. I think it will answer your questions.

Johnn

I took Diamaxol for over 6 months without any improvement. I contacted the company, they told me it works for most people but not all, including their chief chemist. I sent back two full and three empty pill bottles and they refunded the whole $379 I had paid for 10 bottles. The product didnt work but they honoured their 12month guarantee.

Ihave recently read what Roger Mason says about curing our disease and wonder if anyone else has followed his methods.

JohnN

JohnN

bluebird

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Dislikes
Grumpy folks and taking tablets
I haven't heard of Roger Mason. What was it you read.

Cheers Val

Johnn

Roger Mason is an American chemist. He seems to hate the Pharmaceuticals and the medical profession as much as Carefix.

He does sell products but also has a range of well researched e-books that you can download for free.

I have followed some of his ideas concerning diabetes and prostate.

I have made some improvements.

to find out more go to wwww.youngagain.com

I hope you find it useful, it is however in conflict with carefix's
'The Cure'

JohnN

Dennis

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Dislikes
John,

I wouldn't say it is in conflict with Carefix's cure because Roger Mason is also a fan of taking copious quantities of flax oil. Mr Mason seems to see himself as some sort of campaigner, largely against anything and everything the medical profession says is good for us. In some cases possibly his ideas are sound - I don't know enough about those subjects to form a judgment. But where I have read his views on topics of which I do have some knowledge, I would say some of his extremist rants expose him as a highly-opinionated charlatan.

To give a couple of examples:
a) he proposes a diet comprising between 60 and 80% whole grains as being the cure for diabetes, whether type 2 or type 1! He rubbishes the whole carbohydrate argument on the basis that carbohydrates have nothing whatsoever to do with sugar. Apparently eating whole grains will repair your damaged pancreas and make it productive. He dismisses all scientific research opposing his views as flawed, yet provides absolutely no evidence to support his own hypothesis.

b) he states that a glucose tolerance test (GTT) does not measure blood glucose but how much insulin has been produced. This is true of the rarely-used intravenous test (IVGTT) which is used to determine insulin secretion abnormalities, but not true of an oral test (OGTT). More than 95% of GTTs have orally administered rather than intravenously administered glucose solution!

Johnn

Hi Dennis.Thanks for your input. I must say that some of Mr Masons views seem a bit extreme.

When I was in sales we were always told to concentrate on our own possitives rather than someone else's negatives.

I find some of Carefix's words taking my mind off his seemingly excellent content because he focuses on the 'failings' if that is the right word, of the medical profession.

Who to believe? I feel that I will have to do more research.

JohnN

GoutySprouty

Yeah, like JohnN said - there's really not a whole lot to lose if Diamaxol doesn't work for you. The company guarantees your success or your money back. Seems like a good deal to me. Plus, I'm pretty positive that the ingredients in it are good ................ I mean look at cinnamon, zinc, chromium. They've a ALL been shown to support healthy blood sugar. : )

Granted, like JohnN said...... nothing works for everyone. It's cool that they guarantee it.

I'm looking on their website and they seem to have a good amount of positive reviews.

I think too many people just expect it to be a cure when it's only a supplement.

Website link removed by moderator.

Dennis

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Dislikes
Hello GoutySprouty,

I wonder - - - you don't happen to work for Diamaxol by any chance? I see that your personal profile gives no information about your "diabetes".

And you are promoting a product that has long been banned in the USA because (a) it doesn't work, (b) the unethical practices of the company in getting its own employees to write glowing testimonials (well, just as you are doing in fact!) and (c) despite their claims to the contrary the FDA found that very few people had received the promised refunds.

This product has been tested by the US licencing authorities and, although the ingredients will do you no physical harm, the quantity of each constituent ingredient was found to be so low as to have absolutely no effect on diabetes.

Diamaxol (along with the almost identical Melabic) is simply a "snake-oil" product that has absolutely no anti-diabetic value. The only thing that it will seriously injure is your bank balance (at £260 for a course of treatment).

Octave18

Dennis, Diamaxol isn’t banned in the USA right now . . . I know someone who is taking it right now.

Havin said such I am in agreement with GS on a few points. Diamaxol ingredients are good for diabetics. My friend swears by it.

But he’s wrong about it being a caure, it’s not. There is no cure for diabetes. Just sound, healthy living.

Dennis

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Dislikes
The FDA ban originated because the wording being used by the manufacturers could only be interpreted to mean that Diamaxol is a drug and it is not licenced for sale as a drug. The manufacturers have recently changed their wording to say that Diamaxol is a supplement, which makes it acceptable to the FDA. If you Google "Diamaxol" you will find plenty of comment about it, most of it pretty uncomplimentary. It appears that they sell the same product under several different brand names, each one claiming the product to be targeted at a different specific condition, e.g. diabetes, cancer.

It is widely believed in the States that the whole thing is a scam but,because the ingredients contain nothing harmful and it is no longer being passed off as a drug, the authorities have nothing that they can charge the company's owners with.

It appears there's a great deal of truth in the old saying "a fool and his money are soon parted"!!

Octave18

Exactly my point. The ban was because of the name. My google searching turned up that the product was formerly called Diabeticine. "Icine" implies the product is a medicine . . . which, granted, is bad marketing on the part of the company.

I found this article (it's like the third or fourth down if you google 'The diamaxol scam') called "The Truth About the Diamaxol Scam". It explains how Diamaxol was owned by a company which made very poor marketing choices. It's owned by a new company now.

It's people like that who give natural products a bad name. They really do work. There's nothing "foolish" in nourishing your body with vitamins and minerals.

Dennis

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Dislikes
Octave18 said:
I found this article . . . . called "The Truth About the Diamaxol Scam". It explains how Diamaxol was owned by a company which made very poor marketing choices. It's owned by a new company now.

It's people like that who give natural products a bad name. They really do work. There's nothing "foolish" in nourishing your body with vitamins and minerals.

Not true at all Octave - it not under new ownership. The old owners (the ones who in your own words gave the product a bad name) still run the business - they simply changed the company's name and trading address.

I don't think anyone would disagree with your point about vitamins and minerals. But Diamaxol contains neither. It is a collection of vegetable and herb extracts, each of which is reputed, in some parts of the world, to have some anti-diabetic properties. Many of these have been researched and the benefits that they provide can at best be described as minimal. Certainly in the quantities in which they are present in Diamaxol they would have no health benefits whatsoever.

I am afraid that whenever someone comes onto the forum simply in order to press the dubious claims of a product that is widely accepted as being a scam then I can only assume that they are themselves associated with the scam. So goodbye to you Octave.