Diamicron 30mg

Kaha

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Hypocrite
Wondering whether anybody has experience with diamicron 30mg . what is the purpose of this drug?

Beausrus

I was on this for a while and was eventually on max dose of 120mg but did not seem to make much difference so was taken off it

Kaha

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Hypocrite
I an on 30 mg Diamicron one tab after Breakfast taken together with morning doze of Janumet 50/1000. Probably, this medication has a tendency of causing Hypo . Though ,my numbers are not that low, I am not too much concerned about hypo.
My question is now whether anybody can advise the appropriate timing of taking this medicine to avoid Hypo and/or other effects? Some people take at night, some during the day ....
Any experienced opinion will be appreciated.

Reactions: Phil10272

crookycrumble

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I have been tried on various dosages including the modified release, at the moment I'm back on 80mg taking 30 mins before breakfast and tea, I'm getting more reluctant to take many more as every day I've got chronic headache and constantly feeling sick, I told the doctor that this was the case whilst I was on the SR I'm also on 25mg sitagliptin and 500mg SR metformin twice daily. It's putting me off eating and I have on two occasions been sick all of a sudden half way through a meal, has anyone else had this as its really getting me down now. My readings are high too ranging from 15 to 20 every day.