Type 2 Diarrhea since going to two metformin a day in july

firefox60

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi all since going to two metformin a day in July I have had serve diarrhea more then four times a day. The dr told me to stop taken it for ten days but I was not sure if I was supposed to stop one or the two.

Since Friday I have lost 8lbs any advice on how to stop it.

looking forward to your replies
Andrew

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I don't think you would come to any harm if you stopped taking Metformin altogether for ten days as the doctor implied. You can't continue as you are.

Reactions: firefox60

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
You've had diarrhea for 5 months!
I only lasted 3 weeks and the pills went in the bin.

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Stop them both. You need to be well.

I was lucky with metformin. I didn't get tummy problems after a week or so, unless I ate carb laden foods. It was a good reminder to stay low carb lol

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all since going to two metformin a day in July I have had serve diarrhea more then four times a day. The dr told me to stop taken it for ten days but I was not sure if I was supposed to stop one or the two.

Since Friday I have lost 8lbs any advice on how to stop it.

looking forward to your replies
Andrew
Is the runs don't quit after 2 weeks, they're not going to. Quit all met tablets and see whether that makes a difference. (It likely will!) https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/blog-entry/the-nutritional-thingy.2330/ should help you control diabetes with diet rather than meds for the time being, if not permanently.