did i have a hypo or knock myself out?

bedshaped2000

last night i had 2 90% beef burgers with salad and some chips. i also had 2 cans of coors low carb lager. this gave me a 1 hr reading of 9.2 which i was discusted with as this lager normally lets me get away with a bit more with eating carbs eating but i think it was because i drank while i ate and normally have a few about a hour before a carby dinner. anyway my 2nd hour reading was 6.2 so guessed the alcahol had started working so i had a third can. i then fell asleep and woke up a hour later a bit dazy so i went to get the tester and walked straight in to the wall wacking my forehead. i thought to myself thats going to hurt in the morning tested myself and found i was 5.8. i then turned to put my tester on the shelf and just blacked out and hit the back of my head on the stone floor bleeding heavily on the floor. i called out to my mrs who panicked and called 999. i spoke to the operater remebering everything even the amount of units i had drunk date of birth address the lot. when the ambulance came they dressed the back of my head and took a bg reading of 5.1. all the time i was explaning that i dabbled in a bit of alcahol at the weekend to maintain weight and cheat a bit with the diabetics forbidden foods.so the question is did i hypo out or knock myself out i thought i couldnt go low that i passed out being type 2. anyway needless to say i have a sore head and 4 cans left that im petrified to drink now

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
None of those levels would indicate a Hypo, that would be anything below 4 mmol/l. Alcohol and Diabetes do not mix very well. Might have been that making you hazy ? Do you have any BP problems as low BP could also make you dizzy or lightheaded. You might have knocked yourself out as well because of the daze you were in ?

It's all speculation really. Who knows........ :?

bedshaped2000

they checked my blood preasure and that was all fine aswell. i think i knocked myself out ken what a wally . before in my younger days that would of been 8 cans of stella no problem. maybe im getting old. ive come in from work ealry morning after night shift and the lowest ive been is 4.3 and i dont get dizzyness i just get a minging headache above the left eye and my stomach feels like a rollercoaster ride so i think i deffo knocked myself out must be

ewan

Dislikes
kidneys, sci fi and hooror
if i read your post right, i reckon your right, perhaps the larger and short nap made you a bit 'hazy', then the wack on your head gave you ?concusion which perhaps caught up with you and bang.

plus of course the beer ?%, but i guess the ambulance man would of checked for concusion, blood seems with in limits

take it easy

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I did that myself once in my younger days....in a strange unlit building, opened a door and went to walk through it.........Wham *&*%& ! Came round a bit later and found the doorway had been bricked in.....from the top to half way down !!!! Had quite a headache for a few hours......I hadn't even had a drink either !! :(

Anyway if you are still feeling dazed get it checked out.....concussion can be delayed.

ATB :D

Synonym

Dislikes
Having no energy as this is so limiting.
Well, I hope that there was no permanent hurt!! That is other than my sides from having a fit of the giggles over this one :!: :lol: :lol: