1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Did not see this one coming!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Greetings and Introductions' started by JUSTFOCUS, Aug 30, 2011.

1. JUSTFOCUS

JUSTFOCUS · Well-Known Member

Hi folks
    some of the more experienced odies may remember me.
    The thing is i was going about my type 2 business eating good follow the diet etc Bg's sweet as a nut when BANG !!!! I started feeling drowsey and tired and listless :? :? :? My levels went from a straight 7 to an alarming 18 then 25 then 30's then just HI . I got a new meter to check and yep its true :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: . I sat it out for a week and finally gave in and called my DR
    she got hold of my DN and I am now attending my Surgery in the morning after i pick up a prescription for insulin etc.
    Just wanted to intro myself as type 1 .
    JF :(

2. pianoman

pianoman · Well-Known Member

Hi JF and Welcome (again?)

I can see how that would come as a surprise! I'd be interested to hear what your Doctor has to say about this change? I wonder if it may have been something like Type 1.5/LADA all along?

Good luck tomorrow

3. noblehead

noblehead Type 1 · Guru
    Retired Moderator

Long time no see JF! :)

Hope all goes well with the insulin.

Nigel

4. phoenix

phoenix Type 1 · Expert

Looking back to your earlier posts you had double figure BG levels when you were diagnosed and that was only 8 months ago, and you were losing weight as well so I suppose it isn't really surprising.
    Have a look at some of the posts on using insulin.
    If it were me in your position I would try to avoid going on a mixed insulin if at all possible. Using a long term insulin like levimir or lantus + a short term one for mealtimes means more injections but is very much more flexible.
    I'm not sure it's appropriate but Welcome to the insulin users club!

5. JUSTFOCUS

JUSTFOCUS · Well-Known Member

Hi folks thanks for your advice :)
    BIG HELLO Nige :wink:

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook