1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Diet and high

Discussion in 'Diabetes Discussions' started by Denthezen, Dec 29, 2014.

1. Denthezen

Denthezen Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Hi T2 diet controlled, been great for months never ate anything out of ordinary. But for some reason my BG goes high after my breakfast walk. Been unusually high today, came down slightly but still high for me this time of day?

2. Roberta

Roberta Type 1 · Active Member

Your liver naturally produces glucose (sugar) as a form of energy so sometimes when you do a physical activity your liver produces the glucose as a form of energy sending your blood sugar up, it can go high then normally comes down later on. I'm type 1 but mine does this too during and after exercise then later on I tend to have a hypo. Hope this helps

3. Denthezen

Thanks Roberta it's the first time I checked an hour after exercise expecting it to come down after a high reading at breakfast. So is it worth exercising? Or not bother testing until much later?

4. douglas99

douglas99 I reversed my Type 2 · Well-Known Member

What are you considering 'high'?

5. Denthezen

I know it's not high but I've managed to keep between 5-7 for months through diet and only check around 2-3 times a day, today was 8.8 a big jump for me so suddenly never did of ate anything different that I can put it down too

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook