Diet and high

Denthezen

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi T2 diet controlled, been great for months never ate anything out of ordinary. But for some reason my BG goes high after my breakfast walk. Been unusually high today, came down slightly but still high for me this time of day?

Roberta

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Your liver naturally produces glucose (sugar) as a form of energy so sometimes when you do a physical activity your liver produces the glucose as a form of energy sending your blood sugar up, it can go high then normally comes down later on. I'm type 1 but mine does this too during and after exercise then later on I tend to have a hypo. Hope this helps

Denthezen

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks Roberta it's the first time I checked an hour after exercise expecting it to come down after a high reading at breakfast. So is it worth exercising? Or not bother testing until much later?

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Hi T2 diet controlled, been great for months never ate anything out of ordinary. But for some reason my BG goes high after my breakfast walk. Been unusually high today, came down slightly but still high for me this time of day?
What are you considering 'high'?

Denthezen

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I know it's not high but I've managed to keep between 5-7 for months through diet and only check around 2-3 times a day, today was 8.8 a big jump for me so suddenly never did of ate anything different that I can put it down too