Diet tablets and diabetes medication

jeffmc

Hi - There are a number of dietary supplements on the market that claim to aid weight loss ( the most recent being Omega XL-S medical ) and I wondered if anyone has used or has any advice on suitability for Type 2 diabetic on metformin.

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
I just ate less and lost 4 stones which until this Xmas I had managed to keep off for three years :oops: Need to loose 7 or 8lbs again now so no biggy :)

I truly believe that weight loss supplements simply make money for those who wish to prey on the over weight.

Eat less = loose weight - simple, well simple to say at least. :|

beancounter

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I was prescribed Xenical about a two years ago. I had to lose a stone on my own before they prescribed it and my weight loss actually slowed down once I started taking it :(

I don't tend to have too much trouble losing weight by eating less and moving more, but I do struggle to keep it off... I normally lose two stone and put a stone back on. I am getting thinner, but very, very slowly.

Wish I could be more like Sid Bonkers and keep the weight off long term.