1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2022 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Diet

Discussion in 'Weight Loss and Dieting' started by taurusmmuk, Mar 2, 2013.

1. taurusmmuk

taurusmmuk Type 2 · Member

I was recently diagnosed with type 2, and have lost over 2 stones since last October. My weight loss has stalled and my wife says that I look like “old Steptoe” and should slow down the weight loss to some degree. The main problem is that I have lost weigh from my shoulders and arms and do look very gaunt and my biceps sag horribly and make me look old ( I‘m only 65 ), so I wonder if I should ask to see a dietician for advice or are there any other suggestions out there.

I had asked to see the dietician before Christmas but was told that it wouldn't be appropriate at this time, whatever that means. At the time I was still a bit shell shocked and didn't push it and I am wondering if I should have insisted. I am still over 13 stones so have about 2 stones to lose to get to my “proper weight”. I was exercising on my treadmill 5 days a week until a month ago, but I slipped on ice at work and have only just got over the injury. I am just starting back on the treadmill.
    My first 3 month average blood test was 6.1, so my doctor said you are almost pre-diabetic again. I am diet controlled and try to take the situation very seriously .
    Thanks for any help. Jim.

2. donnellysdogs

donnellysdogs Type 1 · Master

Sounds great weight loss to me, but prob just needs a rone up in the areas that have lost the fat.

Doesnt have to be major... Just a few arm press up against wall whilst cleaning teeth or each tine going to loo.. Or now good weather... A little digging in garden...

Sounds to me you done really well, but may just need toning...

3. walterrichmand

walterrichmand · Active Member

Balanced diet is a must in preparing the food you will eat. There are many benefits to changing your diet and eating a more balanced diet. The type of food that you eat and the portion sizes go a long way to losing weight.

4. andybrightman

andybrightman · Member

I think now you should consider a dietitian who helps you to make your diet programme. I would say that following a proper diet programme will help you for great fitness & health. I also suggest one other thing that you should stop eating no-vage foods.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook