diet

smigger62

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not having food and beer
Been on a diet for a good few weeks now..sugars averaged around 18 ....at the moment there averaging around 8 ..but I feel.really ill.and.roifh and I don't know why ..im takin my medication everyday .

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
Been on a diet for a good few weeks now..sugars averaged around 18 ....at the moment there averaging around 8 ..but I feel.really ill.and.roifh and I don't know why ..im takin my medication everyday .

Hi @smigger62 ,

One possible reason for this (without knowing the details) is that your body has got used to high blood sugar levels. If you've bought them down quickly it can take a while to readjust to 'normal' levels.

As a T1 it took me about 12 weeks for false hypos to stop. You could try a few more carbs, see if it makes a difference and then bring your levels down slowly.

Metformin can also make people feel a bit 'tom and ****' with upset stomachs etc.

Last edited by a moderator:

smigger62

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not having food and beer
My wife says I'm nit eating.enoufh but it's hardly the ND but u could be right. ...thanks for the reply

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Prob due to getting used to lower levels.if you've been running higher levels since diagnosedin 2006 (I think this is the date you said previously in a posting) then your body has been used to running high.

Has your nurse changed any meds recently? I take it you are not on insulin yet?