Distal Pancreatectomy

pennyross66

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello, I'm sure others (I hope!) may have posted here after becoming diabetic following the surgical removal of a part of their pancreas. I was just looking for someone to swap experiences with. I'm officially a type 2 now, recently, on a basal bolus and nova rapid meal covering regime. I'm struggling a bit!!

C

catherinecherub

Hi @pennyross66 and welcome to the forum.

I am bumping your post up in the hope of replies. If your struggle is with the insulin dosage and other insulin related problems people should be able to help if you give us more information.

Last edited:

janeliz

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Shopping, smoking
I am diabetic on insulin following acute pancreatitis when my distal and body of the pancreas disintegrated. I only have pancreas head which does not produce insulin. I may be able to answer some queries. I take humalog 25 mix twice a day. Some call this type 3c diabetes or brittle diabetes.

Khorem

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My Wife will be undergoing a distal pancreatectomy (removal of the tail and spleen), she is diabetic (Type2) :
1) Although, I understand that diabetic conditions vary based on how each individual handles their diabetes; My wife is on vegan diet, and takes glumetza to control the diabetes; How much, roughly, will this affect her diabetes?
2) will she need insulin (injections) instead of oral pills after the surgery?

Last edited: