turvell

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
been type 2 and the fact i get no sodding help from the NHS at all
hi

a few times in the last month i have gone dizzy like i am drunk. it lasted about an hour the first time but it was before i tested my blood. it just happened again but only for about 5 mins. i tested my blood and it was 5.6mmol. yet the other day i tested myslef randomly and i was 3.9mmol. what do you think it is

steve

K

Kat100

Hi can't comment on testing, but I go a bit dizzy, strange feelings when my levels drop, I know to eat something, like a digestive biscuit, I was really unwell a year ago, when my levels were dropping,from a high level, now I go dizzy when my good levels go low.....I do eat some small carb like cheese etc to try and stay feeling well, keep all balanced....

Didn't really eat well tonight, felt dizzy, so had 2 cheese and biscuits and an apple,feel much better now, sometimes a yogurt works for me ....
Tc Kat, sure others will be able to help you more......:)

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
hi

a few times in the last month i have gone dizzy like i am drunk. it lasted about an hour the first time but it was before i tested my blood. it just happened again but only for about 5 mins. i tested my blood and it was 5.6mmol. yet the other day i tested myslef randomly and i was 3.9mmol. what do you think it is

steve

Any dizziness is cause for concern Steve and you should discus this with your gp, it may well be unrelated to your diabetes so a proper diagnosis is essential.

Andrew S

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Snobs! Angry people who keep getting angry and can't calm down.
I always surprise my GP or DN as my Blood pressure is normal or slightly below normal. The DN asked me if I ever feel dizzy and I said that sometimes I do on standing up quickly. She mentioned that such as movement can cause a temporary drop in blood pressure. This may not help, but it can be a factor in dizziness.

collectingrocks

Yes as others have said, your dizziness "may" be due to low BS or postural hypertension.

Could you describe what your "dizziness" is like...e.g. is the room spinning, are you spinning, do you feel sick at the same time...do you get a noise in your ear(s), do you feel faint or or is it just like feeling drunk?

Sharon68

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Its taken a year (and paying to go private to see a consultant!) but I have just been diagnosed as having damaged my balance mechanism. I have been feeling quite dizzy since having a virus last October (12!) it left me feeling like I was drunk and there was a pressure pulling me to the left. I thought it was connected to the diabetes but turns out it wasn't so do go get it checked out (and keep pushing!) They have said mine might take years to rectify as I have to 'train' my brain into thinking the balance is correct.... should be fun! :wacky: