Dizzy and feeling faint

esmecullen

I got up this morning, done by bloods as usual before having a drink and they were good 4.7!! Anyway after that I made my usual drink and sat down....... next min I came over dizzy, felt a bit shaky, faint and started perspiring, it lasted about 5mins, then right as rain. Never had this before.

Not sure this could be that I cannot eat anything first thing, I usually have a light breakfast, natural yoghurt and some fruit. If I try and eat straight away, my stomach rebels against it.

Just wondering if my readings of 4.7 could have been too low or perhaps part of the meopause - I'm on HRT and havent had a flush or that since taking them. Or is it not eating as soon as I get up, but as I said, I just cant stomach food, takes about an hour before I can face it.

Thanks for any advice

sandymaynard

Hi
sounds like a hypo to me! I get like that is my bloods sugars drop too far down!
I cant eat fr up to 2 hours after i wake up as i feel sick!
I find that sort of responce to a hypo i normally get when my blood sugars drop to below 4! But everybody is different!
I hope this helps in some way, I am sure someone will be alone shortly who knows more than me!
Sandy

esmecullen

Thanks.............. I was wondering whether it could have been a hypo........... I shall keep a eye on my readings today.

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
Hi.
As Sandy says, It does sound like a Hypo warning ?

I too find that when my Bg drops to around the 4.5 mark I begin to feel exactly the same. Not sure what meds you are on ? Some of these can cause hypoglycaemia and it is possible that may have had an effect ? A small snack or some biscuits can help negate this effect. I too couldn't face a breakfast at that time. :) It could also be non Diabetic related ?

If this continues and you are concerned you should see your GP and discuss.

esmecullen

I'm on metformin 500g once a day. I've started taking it with lunch as I found I was getting stomach upsets if I took it with brekkie.

thanks for that I should really keep some rich tea in the cupboard for jsut in case :D

if it does carry on I will see my doc