DLA1A Child form

Kissifer1972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
My partner's son was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes a month ago, he's 11.

She has been advised to complete a DLA1A CHILD form in order to apply for disability living allowance.

She has already missed a lot of days of work, while they sort his medication. He is regularly experiencing a hypo, 3 or more times a day. She doesn't get paid if she doesn't work.

Has anyone else successfully applied for this? Would you be prepared to help us fill in this 70 plus page form, if you have?

Thanks in advance

Chris

martsnow

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My partner's son was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes a month ago, he's 11.

She has been advised to complete a DLA1A CHILD form in order to apply for disability living allowance.

She has already missed a lot of days of work, while they sort his medication. He is regularly experiencing a hypo, 3 or more times a day. She doesn't get paid if she doesn't work.

Has anyone else successfully applied for this? Would you be prepared to help us fill in this 70 plus page form, if you have?

Thanks in advance

Chris

I mentioned this in a post yesterday,

It may be of relevance to you and I hope it helps, but am not absolutely sure it applies to children!!!!

If you live in the UK, all local Council Houses, have a welfare rights advisor. They are trained to help you fill in the PIP (old DLA) form. They know exactly what words and phrases to put as answers to the questions. They use a 275 page guide line booklet which they refer to to help with the completion of the forms. It is not just the answers to the questions but also the phrases and words that you use in your answer.

Another good source of information I found was http://www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/

Without the help of the welfare rights officers I would never of got my PIP for both the care and the mobility component

Good luck with your claim

Regards

Mart

Last edited by a moderator:

Kissifer1972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I mentioned this in a post yesterday,

It may be of relevance to you and I hope it helps, but am not absolutely sure it applies to children!!!!

If you live in the UK, all local Council Houses, have a welfare rights advisor. They are trained to help you fill in the PIP (old DLA) form. They know exactly what words and phrases to put as answers to the questions. They use a 275 page guide line booklet which they refer to to help with the completion of the forms. It is not just the answers to the questions but also the phrases and words that you use in your answer.

Another good source of information I found was http://www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/

Without the help of the welfare rights officers I would never of got my PIP for both the care and the mobility component

Good luck with your claim

Regards

Mart
Thanks for that Matt. The site you have provided looks really helpful and I will try and find our local welfare rights officer and try and get an appointment

Regards

Chris

Duncan57

Type of diabetes
Type 2