Do you ever just want a day off from diabetes ?!!

Lisa woods41

My daughter was diagnosed 3 years ago age 8, I suppose it is going ok but I would really love a day where you didn't have to check bloods, make sure she has all her supplies with her going out, do injections, get up at night to check her bloods, just be able to eat, excercise or just live without having know what her numbers are !!!! Sorry just moaning after a frustrating week !!!

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Agreed... So wish....

Also wish this site had sub-forums for parents.....

1) newly diagnosed under 10
2) newly diagnosed over 10
3) parents with teens

I personally the diagnosed person in early 20's, but I now so see certain categories of childen and parents arising...

I so hope rheire isnt one set up for parents cheesed off... And children peeved......

But knowing another parent with a 9 yr old and going through things with them.... I totally, fully emphasise and sympathise....

Blondie153

For the first time since my daughter was diagnosed in Aug I left her under the charge of my husband. I had all medicine times, food measured and written down before I went and I still fretted the whole time I was away from her. I don't think there is life away from diabetes once it is with you and I don't even have it!
M

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
Blondie153 said:
For the first time since my daughter was diagnosed in Aug I left her under the charge of my husband. I had all medicine times, food measured and written down before I went and I still fretted the whole time I was away from her. I don't think there is life away from diabetes once it is with you and I don't even have it!
M
Hello Blondie153.
Your post has caught my attention as its soooo " profoundly factually true! ''
You cant have a break at all from it as you are thinking 24/7 of your child.
Valid and profound point you make with your last sentence . . .
There is no life away from diabetes for you , though you yourself dont even have this.

This is when I really yearn for a reason or explanation 'why' children get it at random .
Some dont have it - yet some 'do' ...
Afraid this really tugs my heart strings :(
My wish is NO child should have this condition.

The children AMAZE me - so skilled and strong able to adapt and cope amazingly with their diabetes condition.
Your post has reminded me of a parents journey living alongside the condition too.
It is the simply put message you describe that says sooooo much ...
Am glad you have shared this - it has reached out and touched me :)

Much love and thoughts .

Anna.

Blondie153

Thank you so much for that Anna, you brought tears to my eyes. My daughter has a twin who does not have diabetes, has been within 10 feet of her his whole life and has had all the same illnesses, as they just infected each other yet doesn't have it so yes the randomness is a mystery yet to be solved.
Thanks again
M

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
Lisa woods41 said:
My daughter was diagnosed 3 years ago age 8, I suppose it is going ok but I would really love a day where you didn't have to check bloods, make sure she has all her supplies with her going out, do injections, get up at night to check her bloods, just be able to eat, excercise or just live without having know what her numbers are !!!! Sorry just moaning after a frustrating week !!!
Hi Lisa .
No need to apologise - you moan away .
We understand :)
It will feeel so draining and tiring for you and other parents too .
The aftercare is every day/night/hour for you all .
Yes the monitoring of blood sugar levels is a bind and sooo needs to be done!

You have us here to let some steam off when needed , please dont worry or over stress
Just ask any question you feel/need to .
Someone will pop along to help and support you ... :thumbup:

Much love and thoughts .

Anna.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Yes it would be nice, but so wierd, after all these years I think it would be feel very Alien :crazy: The children and their carers definitley a :thumbup:

Best wishes RRB