Do you ever walk around the supermarket looking in peoples trollys?

frankbegbie

And raising your eyebrows at all the bad food and drink they are buying?
I keep wanting to say something.
"You know that stuff is killing you and your family!":mad:
I've kept my silence so far.:cool:

Reactions: KimWheeler

charliebarker

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
And raising your eyebrows at all the bad food and drink they are buying?
I keep wanting to say something.
"You know that stuff is killing you and your family!":mad:
I've kept my silence so far.:cool:
I do exactly the same thing ! And then usually follow it up by walking down the bakery aisle and reminiscing !

LittleGreyCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diet drinks - the artificial sweeteners taste vile.
Having to forswear foods I have loved all my life.
Trying to find low carb meals when eating out.
I tend to cast a critical eye over the food when I get to the checkout.

Sad bit is where it seems obvious that people with not much cash are bulking up with the budget white bread and other fillers.

frankbegbie

I tend to cast a critical eye over the food when I get to the checkout.

Sad bit is where it seems obvious that people with not much cash are bulking up with the budget white bread and other fillers.
Judging people by whats in their shopping trolly is a bad habit but I think most people do it.
"I bet she has lots of kids and not much money" (Lots of cheap white bread and bags of crisps).

Pinkorchid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes I tend to look at what others buy when waiting at the checkout not to criticize or judge them on what they buy. Just because I have diabetes and eat a certain way does not make me an expert on how others should eat who are we to say they are wrong if they have items we would not eat our self. I look to try and imagine what kind of family they are by the kind of stuff they buy it passes the time waiting at the till, Example is the elderly lady shopping on her own a widow or does she have a partner at home and is she buying enough for one or two, is the younger lady who is looking slightly harassed a single mum on a fixed budget trying to make ends meet and two young men who are obviously better off because they buy more expensive food.

Last edited:

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I do at the check out, and I judge, but its all mental. I would never say anything.

I can't moan about sliced white bread because there is one in our trolley - Mr. Blue refuses to eat anything else, but his portions are modest. Tried him with seeded wholemeal and Lidl rolls. He doesn't like them.

Reactions: 4mum_

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I do. I always look at all their chips, crackers, sweets etc and I start getting mad. Until I see at the bottom of the cart all their anti pain meds, sleep meds, ointments , prescription drugs for this or that. Then I watch them walk away at a snails pace and remember D isn't the only reason I eat the way I do.

I started eating the way I do long before D as I feel so much better low carb

hca

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Don't really look at other people's food habits ( each to hi / her own) unless that is I'm in lidl and trying to figure out who has bought all the protein rolls. Wonder what people make of my shopping habits, large tubs of double cream, full fat Greek yoghurt, butter at least 2 dozen eggs and butter etc, etc, etc X

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Wow judging people on there shopping trolleys. If only life was so simple as shopping trolleys.
Sorry but I think some people need to stop looking in people's trolleys and start looking at themselves before making judgements.

Reactions: GrantGam

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Not really - is it a thing? - have enough trouble doing me own shopping without bothering about anyone else's- I remember my son who has autism was about 12 he got a massive obsession with Tesco value range - he would only eat stuff with that label- anyone analysing my trolley them would have probably reported me to social services - adults all the good posh food and the kid with all the cheap rubbish lol

blanc71

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Yep,look at how healthy my trolley is with all my high sugar fruit and my health bars,oh the ones with 4 million carbs in.Im not bitter honest.Just wiser.

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I do my shopping online. Only the delivery driver to judge me!
What!!!!!!! You're not tempted to go out to the delivery van and have a look in the other boxes.
Shame on you:):)

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
What!!!!!!! You're not tempted to go out to the delivery van and have a look in the other boxes.
Shame on you:):)
Perhaps I could get a delivery driver job...

Reactions: ziggy_w

frankbegbie

Wow judging people on there shopping trolleys. If only life was so simple as shopping trolleys.
Sorry but I think some people need to stop looking in people's trolleys and start looking at themselves before making judgements.
I think we all make judgments without even thinking about it or are you some kind of saint?

Reactions: ziggy_w