Doctor want to see dad about urine test results

Hjm

I am about to ask an impossible question ...but to be honest i’m pretty distraught so i dont know what else to do , so my apologies in advance .

Worried about my 81 year old father . Long term type 2 diabetic .
He had both blood tests and urine tests few days ago . When i phoned for the results for him . I was told to book an appointment with his diabetic nurse for his blood sugar levels result

But there was also a note on there for him to book an appointment with his doctor for his urine test results .

An interesting difference between the nurse for blood sugars .....but why the doctor for the urine results?
What might that be ?
Any ideas ....i know its a ridiculous question but just worrying

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Perhaps the blood sugar results simply require a routine review with the nurse, and the urine results either need a prescription or further investigation, which would require the GP?

Usually if the results are unduly concerning the GP would call themselves or arrange an urgent appointment, so while it is easier to say than do, I’d try not to worry too much.

Does your father, or do you on his behalf have access to his test results via online access? If not, it might be worth arranging this for any future tests. It can be very helpful to know in advance what may be coming up at a consultation.

Hjm

Thank you for your reply . It means a lot and is appreciated .
I kinda expected the nurse review for his blood sugars ...the one that is making me ill with worry is why the doctor wants to see him about his urine test . Thats a new concern really .
Just wondering what thats about . . Will try not to worry ...but seem to have lost so many loved ones and things , my mental health is taking a battering from hell at the moment.
I did look on my dads medical records ...i do have permission , but its kind of a back street doctors ...not dead up to date with all the new stuff. But i will try and ask them to update on there . its such a nightmare getting appointments there at the mo ....they told me he needed an appointment...but in the next breath said there was none to give him and i am to keep phoning and keep trying . Just feels pretty hopeless.
I just wish my dad lived with me so i could look after him . But sadly he wont .
I will ask if they will put his stuff online It is just this urine one that has to be the doctor seeing him ...not the nurse . Just wondering what that could pull up
Thank you for your help . Means a lot

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you for your reply . It means a lot and is appreciated .
I kinda expected the nurse review for his blood sugars ...the one that is making me ill with worry is why the doctor wants to see him about his urine test . Thats a new concern really .
Just wondering what thats about . . Will try not to worry ...but seem to have lost so many loved ones and things , my mental health is taking a battering from hell at the moment.
I did look on my dads medical records ...i do have permission , but its kind of a back street doctors ...not dead up to date with all the new stuff. But i will try and ask them to update on there . its such a nightmare getting appointments there at the mo ....they told me he needed an appointment...but in the next breath said there was none to give him and i am to keep phoning and keep trying . Just feels pretty hopeless.
I just wish my dad lived with me so i could look after him . But sadly he wont .
I will ask if they will put his stuff online It is just this urine one that has to be the doctor seeing him ...not the nurse . Just wondering what that could pull up
Thank you for your help . Means a lot
Is your dad on any diabetes meds.. some can cause excess sugar to be excreted in the urine which can then lead to urinary tract infections that can be treated with anti-biotics..
Just a thought.

Hjm

Is your dad on any diabetes meds.. some can cause excess sugar to be excreted in the urine which can then lead to urinary tract infections that can be treated with anti-biotics..
Just a thought.
Hi thank you for your reply . Hugely appreciated ! yes he is on quite a few , bp and metformin etc . Maybe its that , as you say ....my imagination takes me to some dark places these days . Hopefully its just for that .
Thank you so much ❤️

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi thank you for your reply . Hugely appreciated ! yes he is on quite a few , bp and metformin etc . Maybe its that , as you say ....my imagination takes me to some dark places these days . Hopefully its just for that .
Thank you so much ❤️

If it's any of these..

Screenshot 2021-04-18 at 19.22.13.png

Hjm

Not on any of those ...but hopefully its just something as simple as a urine infection or something easily sorted . I do appreciate your help thank you

Reactions: bulkbiker