Doctor's Receptionist and man who wanted to see the Doctor

Ambersilva

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
There's nothing worse than a Doctor's Receptionist who insists you tell her what is wrong with you, in a room full of other patients. I know many of us have experienced this, and I love the way this man handled it.

A 75-year-old man walked into a crowded waiting room and approached the desk. The Receptionist said, 'Yes sir, what are you seeing the Doctor for today?'

'There's something wrong with my ****', he replied.

The receptionist became irritated and said, 'You shouldn't come into a crowded waiting room and say things like that.'

'Why not, you asked me what was wrong and I told you,' he said.

The Receptionist replied; 'Now you have caused some needless embarrassment in this room full of people. You should have said there is something wrong with your ear or something and discussed the problem further with the Doctor in private.'

The man replied, 'You should not ask people questions in a roomful of strangers if the answer could embarrass anyone.' The man then decided to walk out, waited several minutes and then re-entered.

The Receptionist smiled smugly and asked, 'Yes??'

'There's something wrong with my ear,' he stated loudly.

The Receptionist nodded approvingly and smiled, knowing he had taken her advice. 'What is wrong with your ear, Sir?'

'I can't **** out of it,' he replied.

The waiting room erupted in laughter.

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
Re: Doctor's Receptionist and man who wanted to see the Doct

:lol:

Janiept

Expert

:lol: :lol: :lol:
/Thanks so much. I needed a laugh

carraway

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other

I think all doctors receptionist are from a factory. They are possibly people who failed the traffic warden tests for not being helpful enough.

I've never met a human one.

Reactions: 2 people

Yorksman

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

A patient frustrated with an irritating receptionist said, "I notice you operate a zero abuse policy. What would you do if I just called you names?"

The receptionist looked down her nose and said, 'Verbal abuse is still abuse'.

The patient then asked 'Well what if I just think it then?

The receptionist simply scoffed, "You can think what you like. I don't care".

The patient concluded, "Well I think you're a bast**d".

Reactions: 2 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people

Ambersilva said:
There's nothing worse than a Doctor's Receptionist who insists you tell her what is wrong with you, in a room full of other patients. I know many of us have experienced this, and I love the way this man handled it.

A 75-year-old man walked into a crowded waiting room and approached the desk. The Receptionist said, 'Yes sir, what are you seeing the Doctor for today?'

'There's something wrong with my ****', he replied.

The receptionist became irritated and said, 'You shouldn't come into a crowded waiting room and say things like that.'

'Why not, you asked me what was wrong and I told you,' he said.

The Receptionist replied; 'Now you have caused some needless embarrassment in this room full of people. You should have said there is something wrong with your ear or something and discussed the problem further with the Doctor in private.'

The man replied, 'You should not ask people questions in a roomful of strangers if the answer could embarrass anyone.' The man then decided to walk out, waited several minutes and then re-entered.

The Receptionist smiled smugly and asked, 'Yes??'

'There's something wrong with my ear,' he stated loudly.

The Receptionist nodded approvingly and smiled, knowing he had taken her advice. 'What is wrong with your ear, Sir?'

'I can't **** out of it,' he replied.

The waiting room erupted in laughter.

Very funny :lol: and thanks for reminding me to phone the Dr's for a blood test appointment :thumbup:

RRB

Thundercat

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

:lol::lol::lol: Hillarious! Thanks for early morning chuckles

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

WeeWillie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dictators who positively go out of their way to force misery, tears and fears, upon their countryman's lives.
Politicians who, in dealing with dictators, have a wishbone where a backbone should be.

:lol: Hah, love it, Ambersilva.

"I've caught my @@@@ (willy) in my zip".

That shut her up, and with red face she immediately phoned through to the doc. :lol:

willie

K

Kat100

Had a really good laugh x

slimgirl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Nice one.