'Dodgy' immune system & diabetes.

yingal2010

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Spicey food, taxi drivers, hypos & hypers, pigeons, hospitals, dentists, my GP, my ****** immune system.
Does anyone have any idea how to boost your immune system as a diabetic? :? I'm 27 and I've been a diabetic for 15 years now but still get run down all the time despite good blood sugar levels. I get colds, infections, cold sores, tooth abcesses etc and to be quite honest I am getting majorly fed up with it to the point Im getting kidney infections every couple of months. Are there any decent supplements etc I can take? I take Echinecea when a cold starts which helps a bit.

Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks! Cole.x. :?

Synonym

Dislikes
Having no energy as this is so limiting.
Hi Cole :)

I would recommend a good naturopath as they work on the whole person and not just on your symptoms. I had an increasingly bad time with problems just like yours until I consulted a naturopath who helped me enormously, working on everything for over a year before I felt that my immune system was coping better. I was pretty sceptical before I went but when I left after the first appointment I was very hopeful. I was not allowed to give chapter and verse on my symptoms until the tests were completed and an opinion/diagnosis given, only after that was I given a questionnaire to answer and then I was able to ask questions myself. The diagnosis was spot-on.

Although I was not diagnosed with diabetes when I first went getting my blood sugar down to good levels was key and also ensuring that my diet included all the right things for my immune system as well as taking all kinds of natural medication. I still do everything as I was instructed diet wise and continue to take an immuno-biotic which I get on the internet and I find that keeps me in a good place.

I wish you well on the journey and would be interested to hear how you get on.