Does anyone get these symptoms

irnbru

I used to get these symptoms only on very odd occasions but ive had 4 in the last couple of weeks
I start to get weak, shakey, dizzy and start sweating. my forehead feels like ice but im really sweaty,find it hard to focus, usually before i feel like this i get an empty feeling, also feel a bit manic and i get quite annoyed a bit narky with people which sounds weird, also get a little confused and just feel quite strange and weird.

I've recently moved so weve changed family doctors, I don't know my new doctor that well, plus she seems disinterested in me(maybe thats just me) i know i should go and see her but I feel such a fool, i hate going to the doctors at the best of times and am not good about discussing my problems with people i don't know, am I having some type of hypo or is it low sugar levels, whats the best way of stopping these symptoms?
Thx for reading

scottishkate

Hi,

A hypo is low blood suger levels, what you're decribing are the classic symtoms and you need to respond to them. You don't say whether you're a type 1 or type 2 diabetic but you really must TEST YOUR BLOOD SUGARS and treat yourself with some glucose when you feel this way.

I'm sorry that you don't feel like you can't talk with your GP but you mustn't feel stupid or foolish - you have an condition which does mean that, from time to time, you require some help and advice. You can always get some friendly advice from people on this forum but you really must talk to a healthcare professional (gp, nurse, diabetic consultant) to make sure you are getting the best treatment you are entitled to. Think of it this way - if you get yourself sorted now then you won't need to spend so much time with the medics if/when things go wrong.

All the best,

katie :D

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
I concur that it sounds like hypo symptoms. If you are fairly nely diagnosed T2, this could be pecause your BG is returning to normal after a long time of being high. You do need to see the doctor/nurse about it. check your BG if it happens and take a glucose tab if it's under 4. that won't hurt you. If you feel better in about 10 minute, that is definitely a hypo.

irnbru

Thx guys, I am type 2 and am treating it with nothing but diet, but these little spells are quite scarey, i can take the sweats and feeling cold but the weird confusion is whats frightening me, ill go to the doc, she done some tests but havent been back to see her about them, i know they weren't to bad as i sort of had a quick chat with her when my daughter was ill, but do need to see her i suppose, thx for the replys
been trying Nairn oak cakes, lol, they are horrid, lol, but are supposed to be good for me

Trinkwasser

It's plausible that this is Reactive Hypoglycemia (BTDT) where what you eat shoots up your BG and the insulin turns up late and in excess and drops you low.

Try doing some tests after you eat, say 1/2 hour, 1,2 and 3 hours after eating. If this is what is happening the key is to stop the highs which precede the lows.