Doesn’t everyone’s blood sugars dance about throughout the day ?

Ryann1990

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I mean no one stays at 7.5 or 5.6 all day do they ? I am just thinking in terms of post meal spikes these are normal aren’t they as long as the sugar goes down after two hours to a normal level. Sometimes my blood will spike even when I haven’t eaten which is weird

D

Deleted Account

Absolutely.
I found this very interesting. It is the graphs from a Libre for a student who does not have diabetes. He does all the usual studenty stuff like drink beer and eat pizza. The numbers are in mg/dL but this is easy to convert into mmol/l using this BG converter.

As for your BG spiking even when you haven't eaten, again, that is no surprise Our BG is affected by far more than food. It goes up when we are stressed, it goes down when we do exercise (or up depending on the type of exercise), it can be affected by weather, time of the day, pain, drugs, illness, alcohol, ...

Spl@

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Humans that only take.
Yep. Had an unplanned 48hr fast thanks to circumstance causing me to skip dinner. On omad that's a biggy.

BG in the morning was 4.5. Lunch time it was 5.7 and by evening it was 5. My final pre meal was 4.7. Remember that was with No food other than a couple of bulletproof coffee's.

Reactions: jjraak

Pinkorchid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
BG change all the time day and night When you do a finger prick blood test the result is just for that moment in time the next moment it will change again and as already said all sorts of things affect it not just the food we eat Going about our normal life affects it and no one stays at one level all the time even non diabetics can spike after food

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I mean no one stays at 7.5 or 5.6 all day do they ? I am just thinking in terms of post meal spikes these are normal aren’t they as long as the sugar goes down after two hours to a normal level. Sometimes my blood will spike even when I haven’t eaten which is weird

Don't forget, if you're on basal insulin too that in itself alters your readings between meals whether you've been eating or not. Same as a person without diabetes, their basal comes into it too.