Don't try this at home!!!!!!!!!!

JUSTFOCUS

Dislikes
Scrooge . People who are always feeling sorry for themselves . The NHS . The benefit agency .Atttention seekers on forums or chat rooms.
I took a reading @ 10pm tonight and it was showing 3.6 :(
I'm type 2 on glic and met . Usual story nothing sweet in the house at all .However i took a further reading after drinking a can of str***bow and it showed 4.4 so i'm gonna take a reading now to see whats what ! Please don't try this @ home ( go to your neighbers and drink there cider :lol: :lol: :lol:
Only joking so we have a 500ml of cider 5.3 vol. Here goes 6.1 i was expecting it to be higher as cider is mainly sugar .

i don't recomend this to anyone

:lol: I was curious of the outcome :lol:
JF

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
When I posted about having an alternative to jelly babies as a hypo helper, I wish somebody had suggested that alternative!!!! Only kidding!!!! I definitely would have to go round to the neighbours and ask...

sugar2

JF...You had no food at all!?

I have treated a hypo with a dry weet a bix before. Not a pleasnat experience, and certainly not the most fast acting carbs in teh world, but it did work..as do apples etc. Obviously sweet is better, but anything will do in an emergency,,,crackers, bananas cornflakes, milk etc.

Good to hear the cider worked though...I now alcohol is meant to make your BG drop, but I think (not 100% sure though) that the amount of sugar in cider, outweighs to alcohol effect. I am suprised you were only 6.1 too....just goes to show I guess! Take care.

Snodger

alcohol stops you being able to release stored sugar from your liver. So your sugar might go up when you drink it, but later on you could go low. Don't forget that the stronger the booze, the more this happens, and of course the stronger the booze, the less sugar is left in it. (unless you are drinking some kind of sugary flavoured vodka or something where they add sugar at the end of the process).
I don't know how this works with T2s but for me, booze will make my overall sugar levels low about 5-7 hours after I've drunk it. The sugars in beer or cider usually balance this out but if I drink spirits I have to be v. careful all next day or I'll go hypo.

JUSTFOCUS

Dislikes
Scrooge . People who are always feeling sorry for themselves . The NHS . The benefit agency .Atttention seekers on forums or chat rooms.
ok folks
Watch this space :D next week I shall beeating a chinese ancient remody for diabetes (A SNAKES PENIS) A forum member asked me once about why i did'nt try alternative remadies i've decided i shall be the new Palin.In two weeks time i'm thinking a little tidler of fresh frogspawn with single cream .Anyone interested i will eventually take requests . :lol: :lol: :lol: