dr bernstein/rebalanceLearning

calamitygayn

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
hi....im type 1 of almost 30 years and most of you probably are sick of me, but...
has anyone tried, successfully, either of the above? I've done dafne but still feel there is something else.....anyway, would welcome your opinions. Thank you x

SamJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Not heard of the latter, but following a low carb diet, similar to Bernstein's, got my HbA1c from the mid/high 7s with lots of hypos, to the low 6s, with next to no hypos. It's consistently been in the low 6a for 2 years now. It makes excellent control easy; why not give it a go?

Wurst

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Narcissistic forum members
I follow the Bernstein way and have achieved pretty good control , HbA1C's have been in low 5's most of the time. It is not only the diet recommendations that need to be followed but also the exercise recommendations.

I've never heard of the 'rebalance' method, do you know what it entails?

calamitygayn

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It's a lady in York and her clinic. im reading her book atm. The 6 Diet by Elaine Wilson

Wurst

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Narcissistic forum members
It's a lady in York and her clinic. im reading her book atm. The 6 Diet by Elaine Wilson

Yes that is clear , but what does it entail exactly. Low carb or what ?

calamitygayn

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
similar. im reading it now. Other things are being discussed, but im a little confused so not 100% sure.

Heathenlass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
How did you find DAFNE, Calamity? Helpful? Or not ? I'm curious about what it entails, as trying to find out is harder than infiltrating the Illuminati :D

Do you get to sign the "Diabetic/DAFNE Graduate Official Secrets Act " ?:eek:

Signy

calamitygayn

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
no idea what you mean....lol....However, my diabetes now is the most bad it has ever been.....but....the dr situation doesn't help! so much more has happened regarding that which I just cannot talk about........due to various reasons......However, since being on 5 injections a day and a dr who refuses to accept he could be wrong....my average bg is around 18.....and insulin has gone from a total of around 49units a day to 60.....

Charles Robin

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dr Bernstein's advice has worked wonders for me. My last HBA1C was 37 (5.5 in old money). According to my blood test meter, my 90 day average is currently 5.8. Considering I don't have many hypos, that's not bad in my books. All thanks to low carb :)

Reactions: 2 people