Driving and sleep arrhythmia

oldman1954

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
people who dont signal when they are turning left or right.
Several months ago i had to undergo a sleep arrhythmia test as part of a battery of tests because of my cluster headaches , after some time i received an appointment for the 29th of this month . Due to an unfortunate incident in which i collapsed due to a blinding headache i had to go to the doctors who told me it was illegal to drive while the sleep arrhythmia was being investigated all i was told that my readings were high and he signed off for three weeks . Now surely my doctor should have told me about this and the possibility of my falling asleep at the wheel . I rang the dvla and all i got from them was follow doctors orders.

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
Several months ago i had to undergo a sleep arrhythmia test as part of a battery of tests because of my cluster headaches , after some time i received an appointment for the 29th of this month . Due to an unfortunate incident in which i collapsed due to a blinding headache i had to go to the doctors who told me it was illegal to drive while the sleep arrhythmia was being investigated all i was told that my readings were high and he signed off for three weeks . Now surely my doctor should have told me about this and the possibility of my falling asleep at the wheel . I rang the dvla and all i got from them was follow doctors orders.
Hi Perhaps contact the consultant who performed the test and ask his/her advice. This is the list of conditions http://www.dvla-contact-number.co.uk/medical-conditions/

Hope everything works out OK for you.

Reactions: 2 people