driving Licence Renewal

itconor

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have to renew my Drivers licence for the first time since i got it this summer, im in northern ireland and have no idea what i need to do.

Ive had no issues that would effect it getting renewed but ive been unable to see my Diabetic Doctor for more than a year (ive tried to get an appointment but i get told their busy and will get one eventually)

what am i supposed to do ?

Omnipod

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
fill in the form and attach a letter saying your in good health.
I did and my licence took 1 week

loafhead

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
High tax for low returns, judgemental people and shopping
I have to renew my Drivers licence for the first time since i got it this summer, im in northern ireland and have no idea what i need to do.

Ive had no issues that would effect it getting renewed but ive been unable to see my Diabetic Doctor for more than a year (ive tried to get an appointment but i get told their busy and will get one eventually)

what am i supposed to do ?
Just be cautious with your words. They ask on the form and will ask for your medical records if needed. So you may need to explain the situation with not seeing someone for over a year, maybe add a written note or any evidence of trying to get an appointment, as you do not want to make them think or give them reasons to think you are not controlling your condition. It's usually a very quick process and you can still drive whilst your license is with them.

copepod

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
For people living in Englnd, Scotland and Wales, you need to be aware that while DVLA in Swansea processes our driving licences, drivers in Northern Ireland are processed by Driver & Vehicle Agency.
If you haven't seen your diabetes consultant within past year, they may ask you to attend for a medical examination at your GP or hospital clinic, which should be paid for by DVA. assuming you mean a car or motorbike licence. If it's a larger vehicle, whether for leisure eg towing a caravan or horse box, or professionally, then you may have to pay for examination. I'm a bit out of touch, as I only spent 6 months studying and working in NI over 15 years ago, and only had to register my vehicle, as I had to buy a new one, after the one I'd brought from England was stolen and burned out.