Driving license query

bonerp

Hi
I know diabetics have license restrictions around camper vans but I am wondering whether a converted Merc Sprinter van to a fully functional camper is classed as class A, B or C!? Any ideas? What class is a van?

izzzi

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
It has something to do with the weight of the camper van, (you can check your vehicle weight at a local weighbridge station.)

You should get most information from the following: https://www.gov.uk/driving-motorhome.

If you say it is fully converted and insured as such, then you should have your log book amended accordingly, however if you still prefer to keep van status, it may depend on the amount of windows the vehicle has.It does get completed as you would expect with the DVLA.

Roy.

CollieBoy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi carb Foods
bonerp said:
Hi
I know diabetics have license restrictions around camper vans but I am wondering whether a converted Merc Sprinter van to a fully functional camper is classed as class A, B or C!? Any ideas? What class is a van?
What is the van? Is it a standard <3.5 tonne van(eg a 311). If so should be a B, same as a car.
If it is >3.5 tonne based(eg 416 or 616) it would be C1
or if minibus based, and not re-registered with DVLA, D1.

bonerp

FergusCrawford said:
bonerp said:
Hi
What is the van? Is it a standard <3.5 tonne van(eg a 311). If so should be a B, same as a car.
If it is >3.5 tonne based(eg 416 or 616) it would be C1
or if minibus based, and not re-registered with DVLA, D1.

its a 316cdi XLWB with an Acorn Leisure conversion - will need to ask more questions...thanks