Dropping off again today

Lilliepop

Does RH always mean your blood sugar goes low? Why I ask mine never goes low high more like it, yet I go out like a light after eating. It seems anything with carbs, used to think it was just sugar, I seem to feel better if I don't eat at all. I have been asleep all afternoon my husband kept asking if I was asleep I think he was just checking I was still alive heheh.

Kaz261

Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Lilliepop, I'm not the most experienced but usually with RH your bs spikes very quickly after eating carbs and sometimes quite high. In the early days for me, it was the tiredness after eating that was most noticeable. That and the thirst. It's the spike or hyper that causes the hypo.

Have you tested you blood sugar when you feel so tired? What results are you getting?

Reactions: 4 people

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Does RH always mean your blood sugar goes low? Why I ask mine never goes low high more like it, yet I go out like a light after eating. It seems anything with carbs, used to think it was just sugar, I seem to feel better if I don't eat at all. I have been asleep all afternoon my husband kept asking if I was asleep I think he was just checking I was still alive heheh.

RH does not mean always low blood sugar.
After eating, whatever causes the spike will cause an overshoot of insulin.
The quick spike is your glucose being used quickly and the excess is the cause of the low.
You need a blood glucose monitor to see what is going on.
When not in control, I found it better not to eat but the craving was really awful. It took a lot of will power to get myself sorted and the fact that I didn't want to be ill.
As long as you feel ok, then don't eat. As long as you are looked after and aware that doing a fast can be dangerous, if you don't know what you are doing.
Your symptoms will go away once you have control and stop eating the carbs.
Meat and veg is better for you than any carbs, as long as it's not the starchy ones, like spuds or carrots, parsnips, Swede.
There is fish, cheese, eggs, meat, berries, and other low carb alternatives, you can see what they are in the low carb forum.