DVLA and waiting

neryscm

Hello,
I sent my driving license off to the DVLA along with the numerous form as I have a 3 year license that expires next month (because I'm T1) . I sent it off about 10 days ago and am worried that I haven't heard or received anything. How long has everybody else had to wait to get their license back, or any other feedback for that matter?? I can't remember how long I waited last time as it was 3 years ago! Thanks in advance.

denbo

You should get it back soon empty ov time if it don't run out til Nxt mth it's when u drive a hgv like myself the wait is endless DVLA do not rush

Reactions: 2 people

neryscm

I'm paranoid I'll get ask for ID and i'm not willing to carry my passport around. I might ring them next week to get them to hurry up the process a bit!

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
Hello,
I sent my driving license off to the DVLA along with the numerous form as I have a 3 year license that expires next month (because I'm T1) . I sent it off about 10 days ago and am worried that I haven't heard or received anything. How long has everybody else had to wait to get their license back, or any other feedback for that matter?? I can't remember how long I waited last time as it was 3 years ago! Thanks in advance.

I was only diagnosed in October last year, wrote to DVLA a couple of days afterwards. I think it took a couple of weeks until l recieived the forms, which I posted back next day. I got new 3 yr license in mid December. I think it depends on what level of medical checks they decide to do and then obviously, how quickly your doctor/consultant replies to them. It can take a while, don't panic.

Reactions: 2 people

dancer

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
3 years ago it took over 4 months for my new license to arrive. This year it only took a few weeks.

There is no problem if your old one runs out before the new one arrives because you can still drive, as long as your doctor hasn't advised you not to.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
2-3 weeks is about the norm, if they carry out medical checks then it could be 7-8 weeks.