dysfunction

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
Re: Autonomic dysfunction

Shygirl.
Is this what you are asking about ?

Dysfunction of the autonomic nervous system (ANS) which is known as dysautonomia.

Ken

phoenix

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump

If you mean dysfunction of the autonomic system caused by diabetes ie autonomic neuropathy . It's a form of neuropathy affecting those nerves that control things we don't think about to control. There are a whole raft of things under this heading: digestion, sexual function,sweating, urination , respiration, production of cortisol and other 'fight or flight hormones'
There are lots of people on here that have some problems with autononomic neuropathy, though they may not have given it a name. Neuropathy can result in things such as , gastroparesis (delayed digestion), sexual disfunction, problems with temperature regulation leading to sweating or simply dry skin, postural hypotension, problems with dilation of the pupils resulting in poor night vision , hypo unawareness, control of urination leading to frequent utis ,cardiac arrhythmia and others.. Obviously these problems vary in the degree of seriousness. Individually the problems are not at all rare, almost all people on here probably have one or more of these symptoms at some time
see http://www.diabetes.org/living-with-diabetes/complications/neuropathy/autonomic-neuropathy.html

theblokefromstoke

Dislikes
Pizza (makes my BG go through the roof), Pasta & potatoes.

Hi Shygirl,

Sorry you are struggling with your sleeping (I see from your post at 4.38am). I know things are tough with this diabetes lark, and some have it harder than others.

Hope things get better with you soon

carl

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.

Shy Girl
you sound as if you havve got very low.
It seems trite to say this, but only you can do something about it.
What do you enjoy and what do you do well? Focus on these. Also if there is something you can do for other people.Nothing is more satisfying.
I do hope ou feel more positive soon
Hana

Synonym

Dislikes
Having no energy as this is so limiting.

Hello ShyGirl :)

Line up some treat for yourself to take your mind off everything if you possibly can. Sometimes it helps to have your mind occupied with something - anything at all sometimes! Big<<<hugs>>> coming your way! :)