E-7

lmdude88

just got an E-7 reading on my blood glucose monitor, i purchased it earlier today from boots, i have all the symptoms of diabetes im just confused with this reading, can anyone help? id be so grateful

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
There should be some literature with your meter.......E7 is an error code which varies depending on what make your meter is as to what it means.

Phone Boots if you still don't know what it means.

Ken

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
Sounds like an error message, try again and follow the meters instructions to the letter.

with most meters, insert test strip until meter turns on, it may bleep again when ready to use, some will display a number that should coincide with the test strip issue number before the ready bleep.

Prick your finger on the side of a finger tip, say within 3 or 4mm of the nail and gently squeeze finger till a droplet of blood appears. Offer the blood droplet up to the test strip and let the blood be drawn up into the strip, dont push the blood droplet onto the strip. when the test area of the test strip is fully soaked in blood the meter should bleep again and after a few seconds should give you a reading of your approximate blood glucose level.

Its possible you didnt get enough blood on the test strip, make sure that the whole of the test area has absorbed the blood, it should all appear red in colour.

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
Definitely an error message.Look in your meter's booklet.
Hana

timo2

Dislikes
Glycemic excursions
Hi lmdude88,

If you're using test strips that came packed with the meter, then these can sometimes be affected by damp/heat/cold during storage, or they might simply be beyond their use by date.

Hope this helps,
timo.

Sue Morton

I got a boots counter and E-7 is an error message - did you put the code calulator in to register your tabs? After wasting so many tabs which are very expensive I realised that I was putting the tab in and my blood on the tab too soon - wait until the 8:8s have gone and you see the litle thing like candle then put your blood on the tab it now works every time. Also when you get a knew batch of tabs you have put the white tabulator that you get with the new lot of tabs again to register the number of the tabs as these are different to the previous ones. But thats what you are doing not waiting until the 8:8 disappears and then the candle like thing appears put your blood on the tab and your away. :D