Easter Eggs

sjm1966

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Own up - who's misbehaving today and if so, what's your guilty pleasure?

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Own up - who's misbehaving today and if so, what's your guilty pleasure?
I've ignored the Easter eggs in the shops! (I think the likes of Cadbury quality now has declined anyhow) I managed to do Christmas without falling off my wagon by still keeping any "treat" within my range so I got myself 6 high cocoa content "posh" handmade truffles to indulge in later! My only day off today and doing lamb for dinner with my usual cauliflower and greens......no potatoes as I don't miss them at all!!
I will be on my exercise bike later to reduce the impact of my truffles :rolleyes:

Reactions: 5 people

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have a hotel chocolate seriously dark choc egg bought for me by my hubby. He got me one last year, I really don't have a sweet tooth at all - it has 12 chocolates and a thick egg - lasts years egg took me until the beginning of August to finish, I build all my treats into my meals and today will be having the rum truffle mini egg from my box - mmmmmmm

(Oh and a mini cross bun with cheese but that's another story so we'll keep that quiet :angelic::chicken:)

Happy Easter everyone

Reactions: 3 people

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have a hotel chocolate seriously dark choc egg bought for me by my hubby. He got me one last year, I really don't have a sweet tooth at all - it has 12 chocolates and a thick egg - lasts years egg took me until the beginning of August to finish, I build all my treats into my meals and today will be having the rum truffle mini egg from my box - mmmmmmm

(Oh and a mini cross bun with cheese but that's another story so we'll keep that quiet :angelic::chicken:)

Happy Easter everyone
I had a hot cross bun with cheese in place of my usual breakfast on good Friday, counted that as my total carbs for the day and was surprised by just a 2 point rise at 1 and 2 hours! I was even more surprised how easily I could have left it though, amazing how we change our tastes!!

Reactions: 4 people

Mad Rach

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My hubby bought me a dark chocolate gluten, dairy free egg so I will make that last over the week. I also made myself some low carb bounty bars, which are absolutely lush - I will definitely be making them again yum yum!

Reactions: 4 people

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Last year one of my nieces gave me some lovely dark chocolate truffles which didn't do much bad stuff to my glucose levels. I'm not seeing them this Easter, so I've made myself a totally carb free cardboard one...:D

Happy Easter

carb_free_easter_egg.jpg

Robbity

Reactions: 8 people

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I was given some Lindt 70% chocolate mini eggs which i've not started yet but probably will later

Reactions: 2 people

sjm1966

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
My better half has bought me a Green & Blacks Easter egg that I will guard with my life and nibble in the coming days....

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
I didn't have any eggs and can't even remember what chocolate tastes like :arghh: I just can't get to like dark chocolate.

mikej1973

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Roast Lamb, Spuds, Yorkies and Mashed Carrot and Swede, followed by black forest gateaux. 5.2 two hours later and no need to eat for a month!

Reactions: 3 people

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well......I'm impressed, had my lamb, cauliflower and greens with gravy, one hour later I had my 6 posh truffles.....post 1 hrs was 5.8, 2 hrs was 6.2 and now back to 5.9!!

Reactions: 7 people

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
Not had an egg since 2009 .
Used to love the small cadburys cream eggs too :(

mikej1973

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well......I'm impressed, had my lamb, cauliflower and greens with gravy, one hour later I had my 6 posh truffles.....post 1 hrs was 5.8, 2 hrs was 6.2 and now back to 5.9!!

Looks like your treating was a success too!

kateincornwall

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
People who lie , animal cruelty , boredom and pineapple !
No eggs here , but I did have a hot cross bun last night, it played havoc with reflux but was just about worth it , I think ;)