Eat well for less...aargh!!

timerich

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
wet weather, litter
So disappointed to see Greg produce the eat well plate on this programme, while still pushing low fat alternatives. Their conclusion it's a well rounded nutritious diet! No wonder so many of us are fooled and struggle with BS as the same received wisdom is pumped out via the media. Just hope the couple aren't diabetic or pre!:(

Reactions: 9 people

minidvr

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Politics, Celebrity Life Styles being pushed as the ideal.
There is so much garbage talked about on these programs. Most people would be better off visiting these forums for dietary advice, particularly with the amount of warnings in the media about potential epidemics of T2 in the hundreds of thousands in the next 20 years :(

These forums could champion prevention, alongside support for those suffering diabetes.

Reactions: 6 people

Celeriac

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dr Aseem Malhotra had a go at Greg Wallace on Twitter and Professor Tim Noakes and others joined in.

Gaz-M

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
baked beans
most tv chefs are ****

I follow no diet but if I ate the amount of butter and lard some use ..............................

Reactions: 4 people

ButtterflyLady

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Acceptance of health treatment claims that are not adequately supported by evidence. I dislike it when people sell ineffective and even harmful alternative health products to exploit the desperation of people with chronic illness.
I've been watching youtube episodes of The Fat Doctor and all these super obese people having surgery as a solution to their high carb diets is saddening. One patient died 4 days after the surgery from heart failure... he would have been better to be on a low calorie liquid diet for a good few months beforehand IMO. So much suffering all round, and probably unnecessary if people would just cut the carbs.

Reactions: 4 people

Celeriac

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I had to laugh at Saint Jamie who attacked Paleo as being unhealthy and then admitted that he had lost weight by eating more seaweed.

Pinkorchid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Apart from here I think the jury is still very much out on fat being good so until they have much more evidence that it is I suppose low fat will still be promoted on TV

Pinkorchid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I had to laugh at Saint Jamie who attacked Paleo as being unhealthy and then admitted that he had lost weight by eating more seaweed.
Well at least seaweed is very healthy perhaps we should all be eating more of it trouble is you need to live by the sea to get it fresh You can buy it on the internet but it is dried but still good for you sprinkled on food.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 2 people

Celeriac

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well at least seaweed is very healthy perhaps we should all be eating more of it trouble is you need to live by the sea to get it fresh You can buy it on the internet but it is dried but still good for you sprinkled on food.

I would advise Googling for photos and choosing a Blue Flag standard beach or at least one which doesn't have a sewer outfall !

britishpub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Greg the Green Grocer, and Jamie the Sous Chef are shining examples if any were needed, that style far outweighs substance in this world.

timerich

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
wet weather, litter
There is so much garbage talked about on these programs. Most people would be better off visiting these forums for dietary advice, particularly with the amount of warnings in the media about potential epidemics of T2 in the hundreds of thousands in the next 20 years :(

These forums could champion prevention, alongside support for those suffering diabetes.

I agree but it was luck rather than good managemnet that I stumbled on the LCHF forum. Quite honestly I thought HF stood for high fibre, if I'd known it was HIGH FAT :eek::eek: I'd never have clicked the button, well and truly brainwashed by the media, NHS and every 'diet' programme I've ever been on!! :rolleyes: Lol

timerich

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
wet weather, litter
Greg the Green Grocer, and Jamie the Sous Chef are shining examples if any were needed, that style far outweighs substance in this world.

In all fairness, they're just under the same misconceptions that most of us were under, listening to the 'experts':rolleyes:

Celeriac

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm not sure that he responded directly as I don't follow him but he did say he was off to Heathrow en route to Perthshire to film for 'Harvest'.