1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Eat well for less...aargh!!

Discussion in 'Low-carb Diet Forum' started by timerich, Sep 13, 2015.

1. timerich

timerich Family member · Well-Known Member

So disappointed to see Greg produce the eat well plate on this programme, while still pushing low fat alternatives. Their conclusion it's a well rounded nutritious diet! No wonder so many of us are fooled and struggle with BS as the same received wisdom is pumped out via the media. Just hope the couple aren't diabetic or pre!:(

• Like Like x 9
  2. minidvr

minidvr Type 2 · Well-Known Member

There is so much garbage talked about on these programs. Most people would be better off visiting these forums for dietary advice, particularly with the amount of warnings in the media about potential epidemics of T2 in the hundreds of thousands in the next 20 years :(

These forums could champion prevention, alongside support for those suffering diabetes.

• Like Like x 6
  3. Celeriac

Celeriac Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Dr Aseem Malhotra had a go at Greg Wallace on Twitter and Professor Tim Noakes and others joined in.

• Like Like x 6
  4. donnellysdogs

donnellysdogs Type 1 · Master

Good.. Greg Wallace is ****

• Like Like x 2
  5. Gaz-M

Gaz-M Type 1 · Well-Known Member

most tv chefs are ****

I follow no diet but if I ate the amount of butter and lard some use ..............................

• Like Like x 4
  6. ButtterflyLady

ButtterflyLady Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I've been watching youtube episodes of The Fat Doctor and all these super obese people having surgery as a solution to their high carb diets is saddening. One patient died 4 days after the surgery from heart failure... he would have been better to be on a low calorie liquid diet for a good few months beforehand IMO. So much suffering all round, and probably unnecessary if people would just cut the carbs.

• Like Like x 4
  7. Celeriac

I had to laugh at Saint Jamie who attacked Paleo as being unhealthy and then admitted that he had lost weight by eating more seaweed.

• Like Like x 6
  8. Pinkorchid

Pinkorchid Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Apart from here I think the jury is still very much out on fat being good so until they have much more evidence that it is I suppose low fat will still be promoted on TV

9. Pinkorchid

Pinkorchid Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Well at least seaweed is very healthy perhaps we should all be eating more of it trouble is you need to live by the sea to get it fresh You can buy it on the internet but it is dried but still good for you sprinkled on food.

• Like Like x 2
    #9 Pinkorchid, Sep 14, 2015 at 10:23 AM
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2015
  10. Celeriac

I would advise Googling for photos and choosing a Blue Flag standard beach or at least one which doesn't have a sewer outfall !

• Like Like x 2
  11. britishpub

britishpub Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Greg the Green Grocer, and Jamie the Sous Chef are shining examples if any were needed, that style far outweighs substance in this world.

• Like Like x 6
  12. timerich

I agree but it was luck rather than good managemnet that I stumbled on the LCHF forum. Quite honestly I thought HF stood for high fibre, if I'd known it was HIGH FAT :eek::eek: I'd never have clicked the button, well and truly brainwashed by the media, NHS and every 'diet' programme I've ever been on!! :rolleyes: Lol

• Like Like x 2
  13. timerich

Any response?

14. timerich

In all fairness, they're just under the same misconceptions that most of us were under, listening to the 'experts':rolleyes:

• Like Like x 2
  15. Celeriac

I'm not sure that he responded directly as I don't follow him but he did say he was off to Heathrow en route to Perthshire to film for 'Harvest'.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook